SMLE Tanker

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

SMLE Tanker

Post by bladeracer » 18 Feb 2020, 6:35 pm

Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: SMLE Tanker

Post by marksman » 18 Feb 2020, 7:37 pm

thats an awesome rifle build blade,
l would own it anyday, l cant wait for the finish
thanks for posting :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 19 Feb 2020, 7:43 am

That is pretty cool,I like it
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 19 Feb 2020, 7:48 am

I admit I was cringing a bit when he put the saw through the fore end wood :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 19 Feb 2020, 3:08 pm

Mark Novak is an excellent gunsmith who has cost me a lot of hours on youtube, and whilst I would rather restore a bin gun than modify it, the way he produces this rifle is both practical and aesthetically pleasing. I would just like to remind Aussies who watch this that the barrel measurements Mark shows for handguns is US only, and does NOT apply here. Even in the US, the BATF and US Dept of Justice follow the guidelines of the Scientific Working Group for Firearms and Toolmarks which were adopted by them in 2013 and used by VicPol, and all other Australian jurisdictions, ever since, which takes the measurement from the crown to the start of the forcing cone, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Col » 19 Feb 2020, 3:16 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:Mark Novak is an excellent gunsmith who has cost me a lot of hours on youtube, and whilst I would rather restore a bin gun than modify it, the way he produces this rifle is both practical and aesthetically pleasing. I would just like to remind Aussies who watch this that the barrel measurements Mark shows for handguns is US only, and does NOT apply here. Even in the US, the BATF and US Dept of Justice follow the guidelines of the Scientific Working Group for Firearms and Toolmarks which were adopted by them in 2013 and used by VicPol, and all other Australian jurisdictions, ever since, which takes the measurement from the crown to the start of the forcing cone, Cheers.

No1
Thanks for the clarification on how barrel length is measured here. I to found this a great video and look forward to the final instalment and how it shoots.

Col
Col
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 19 Feb 2020, 4:10 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:Mark Novak is an excellent gunsmith who has cost me a lot of hours on youtube, and whilst I would rather restore a bin gun than modify it, the way he produces this rifle is both practical and aesthetically pleasing. I would just like to remind Aussies who watch this that the barrel measurements Mark shows for handguns is US only, and does NOT apply here. Even in the US, the BATF and US Dept of Justice follow the guidelines of the Scientific Working Group for Firearms and Toolmarks which were adopted by them in 2013 and used by VicPol, and all other Australian jurisdictions, ever since, which takes the measurement from the crown to the start of the forcing cone, Cheers.

Just to clarify, that is only for revolvers, not "handguns".
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 08 Mar 2020, 6:35 am

bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by in2anity » 08 May 2020, 6:34 pm

Videos like this seriously make me want to quit my day-job
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Gunsmithing