Gunsmiths in Vic, AR style trigger adjustment

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Gunsmiths in Vic, AR style trigger adjustment

Post by InisBineest » 26 Apr 2020, 4:02 pm

Hey there,
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a smith in Victoria would could work on polishing a trigger from a Warwick WFA1L? It currently pulls at 5-6lbs with a bit of pretravel. Would love to take a pound or three off if it is possible, but need to get an idea of what is more costly, a new $440 drop in unit, or a smith tinkering with it. I don't mind installing new springs in triggers myself, but i'm a bit hesitant to take a honing stone to trigger unit i'm unfamiliar with.
Thanks in advance!
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Gunsmiths in Vic, AR style trigger adjustment

Post by marksman » 28 Apr 2020, 10:17 am

“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by InisBineest » 29 Apr 2020, 8:14 am

marksman wrote:l would be giving acme a ring https://www.acme-firearms.com/p/ideal-s ... a-carbine/

Thanks for that, I will do!
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by InisBineest » 06 Aug 2020, 9:35 pm

So at first I cheaped out and bought a screw from the US that replaces the pistol grip retaining screw, and allows for adjustment of the pretravel (https://ar15triggeradjusters.com/)
Only $15 posted, and it worked... But it was still a heavy trigger and even with lock tight it kept backing out (it was screwed in to its max extension so didn't have much grip left on the threads.

So after tax time and an permissive wife (thanks honey:) I got in touch with Oceania Precision and the guy running it was happy to sell me one of their triggers. Jeff there was tops to work with, and the trigger he sent me was a vast improvement.

We all know a good trigger makes a difference, but honest to God, my groups shrunk by an inch after it was installed! Very happy, well worth the coin! Still has the pretravel, but you hardly notice as its a 2-3ish lb pull (down from 3kg pull on the original trigger!)
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Gunsmithing