Stock Selection MDT ACC or KRG Bravo?

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Stock Selection MDT ACC or KRG Bravo?

Post by Mr Snrub » 19 Jul 2021, 8:52 pm

Good evening,

I’m trying to decide between the MDT ACC or the KRG bravo for my Howa .223 varmint stainless 24” that I just purchased.

Main use will be practice positional shooting to 600 yards to take some of the burden of my .308s

I see the price of the KRG is about half that of the MDT. I have heard reports of some fitment issues with the MDT however I will be sending to my local gunsmith for bedding so I’m not too concerned as long as it can be solved with a routine bedding job

As for the KRG, I have read that there are alignment issues in the polymer due to the 2 piece design but I understand that this is aesthetic only so I’m not too concerned.

A couple of questions:

1. Are both stocks directly compatible with metal AICS mags?
2. Does meh MDT or KRG have any major flaws that I should be concerned about (such as reliability, fitting etc)
3. Can anyone provide any feedback regarding how they feel and handle compared to one another? For example, does the MDT feel more solid than the KRG?

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!!

Cheers
Mr Snrub
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Stock Selection MDT ACC or KRG Bravo?

Post by JohnV » 23 Jul 2021, 6:00 pm

The KRG looks more rigid to me especially around the forend so that's going to be better with a bi-pod .
I have never used either but I have built my own alloy chassis and to my eye I think the KRG is ergonomically better and possibly more rigid . The MDT has a very long forend that looks flexi and the heel of it's stock will not ride a rear bag as well as the KRG butt will .
All I can say is that my choice would be the KRG Bravo and put the extra money towards a real quality scope in an ARMS QC cam mount . Which have MOA cant options in the mount it's self if you so desire to buy the different tapered parts , but when you take the scope off , the rail on the gun is still zero MOA for NV etc.
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Bill » 23 Jul 2021, 6:35 pm

KRG, the MDT is a little agricultural to be honest and not that comfortable. I'm running one on my Howa mini 6mm ARC atm and Ive actually gone back to the factory stock. I have a KRG copy been built for the mini :drinks:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Larry » 23 Jul 2021, 6:45 pm

The MDT does not take the AICS mags the one I have only takes the MDT mags. Its heavy but does not flex in any way.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by scoot » 23 Jul 2021, 7:11 pm

It's a little bit apples and oranges. MDT XRS and KRG Bravo would be more comparable. Similar style, price, designed use, etc.
Deciding on your two choices would be better rationalised by your own "style" preference than any perceived difference in "quality" between the two.
My MDT runs AI, MDT and magpul AICS mags fine.
:unknown:
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Gunsmithing