Sauer 100 trigger swap issue

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Sauer 100 trigger swap issue

Post by Blr243 » 14 Nov 2021, 1:12 pm

According to the net , and the manuals, instructions/ advertising sauer 100 triggers are supposed to be adjustable from roughly 2.2 pounds up to I think from memory about 4.2 or 4.4 pounds ....most people are aware they are nice triggers. My 243 I have been useing with great successs at 1 1/4 pounds ( with care ) in the field ......I only just measured it exactly a couple of days ago. There’s no issue with the screws coming loose at this setting , it’s just right where I want it. My newly purchased sauer 100 in 270 is a long action. Tried adjusting the trigger down but can’t seem to get it below 2.5 and the screws is then so loose it’s definitely goin to fall out and be lost forever. I can’t be stuffed driving all the way back to the shop with it. Can I just swap the triggers in the two rifles ? The 270 is the rifle I want to be useing predominantly for a while. I’m not fussed about my 243 trigger being a bit heavy for a while if I’m not useing it. I could just pull both rifles apart and see for myself if they are swap able ?
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Sauer 100 trigger swap issue

Post by bladeracer » 14 Nov 2021, 1:32 pm

Blr243 wrote:According to the net , and the manuals, instructions/ advertising sauer 100 triggers are supposed to be adjustable from roughly 2.2 pounds up to I think from memory about 4.2 or 4.4 pounds ....most people are aware they are nice triggers. My 243 I have been useing with great successs at 1 1/4 pounds ( with care ) in the field ......I only just measured it exactly a couple of days ago. There’s no issue with the screws coming loose at this setting , it’s just right where I want it. My newly purchased sauer 100 in 270 is a long action. Tried adjusting the trigger down but can’t seem to get it below 2.5 and the screws is then so loose it’s definitely goin to fall out and be lost forever. I can’t be stuffed driving all the way back to the shop with it. Can I just swap the triggers in the two rifles ? The 270 is the rifle I want to be useing predominantly for a while. I’m not fussed about my 243 trigger being a bit heavy for a while if I’m not useing it. I could just pull both rifles apart and see for myself if they are swap able ?

Do you need it to be lower than 2.5lbs, that's pretty light for a field rifle.
I can't see why you couldn't swap the trigger packs over, but I'm not familiar with the design.
The manual doesn't have a parts diagram, but the disassembly photos just look like a conventional trigger pack screwed to the bottom of the receiver. If you swap it just ensure everything is functioning before chambering live ammo, particularly that the safety works after pulling the trigger - you don't want to pull the trigger, realise the safety is on, release the trigger, release the safety, and have the sear drop.

Or see if somebody does an aftermarket trigger pack for it.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Sauer 100 trigger swap issue

Post by Blr243 » 15 Nov 2021, 7:03 pm

I tested my trigger again, the good one on my old 243. It breaks at roughly 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 pounds .its been like that for so long and is so nice to use. I just can’t go back and have it heavier .....so in my attempts to put this nice trigger on my new 270 I did run into a bit of trouble but I’ll be more careful looking at it again tomorrow night and see if I can sort it. If it’s going to be a problem of any sort I’ll just reassemble both as original and leave them be
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Gunsmithing