Gunsmiths in the Sydney area?

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Gunsmiths in the Sydney area?

Post by jwai86 » 10 Mar 2022, 3:09 pm

I know about Anthony Schmidt from The Accuracy Den and Jeff Borg from JB Custom Rifle, but I recall there being a few other gunsmiths in the Sydney area.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Gunsmiths in the Sydney area?

Post by Bugman » 10 Mar 2022, 5:48 pm

What is it, exactly that you want done. Some gunsmiths are better than others.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by rossfrb » 10 Mar 2022, 7:04 pm

T Bone Shipwrighting @ Moorebank 2170 - he does a lot of milsurp work but works on just about anything - he also stocks Lothar Walther barrels - plus he's an all round nice guy. Nothing is a drama and he's honest.
rossfrb
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 10 Mar 2022, 8:42 pm

+1 for T bone. But there’s also Matt Paroz from LRP solutions - his background is F-class and PRS style smithing.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by jwai86 » 10 Mar 2022, 8:54 pm

Bugman wrote:What is it, exactly that you want done. Some gunsmiths are better than others.

I'm looking to find where they are first, but someone who can work on handguns would be preferred.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 11 Mar 2022, 10:16 am

I did know of one or two BUT a mate put me on to a fellow who is at Tenambit up near Maitland. I live on the north side of Sydney and it takes me an hour to drive up. For me it has been worth it as his work, especially on handguns is very good. Apparently, the club my mate belongs to are regulars there also. You may eventually locate someone closer to home, but at least give the guy a call.
His name is Ralf Dauner 0434 615 417. He is a German trained gunsmith.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to Gunsmithing