KRIEGHOFF DRILLING

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

KRIEGHOFF DRILLING

Post by xkkat » 22 Mar 2024, 5:18 pm

Hi guys This week's task is repairs to a Krieghoff Drilling 16 gauge x 16 gauge x 5.6x75. It comes with a sub-caliber insert in the RHS shotgun barrel. making it 22WMR The insert is keyed to the RH 16 # extractor and MUST be carefully fitted. HOWEVER, Persons unknown had just jammed it in empty and let off the right barrel! Resulting in a damaged insert locater key --bent RHS firing pin -- broken snap action Vee spring Just wondering if any members have details on one of these beautifully made pieces The Vee spring is the problem Spares are not available Regards Xkkat
xkkat
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: KRIEGHOFF DRILLING

Post by mchughcb » 22 Mar 2024, 7:20 pm

Is it one of these Krieghoff einstecklaufs?

https://youtu.be/z7H4NJ00fDg?si=1TjanGnCDwJQs8p9
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by xkkat » 22 Mar 2024, 9:17 pm

Hi The one in the video Is the same as mine I can't see the caliber Mine is 22mag with a barrel 400mm long. The barrel is unsupported except at the breech end It is surprisingly accurate given a 30mm group at 80 meters will keep you posted on 5.6 rifle when I get it going The 5.6x75 is as fast as 220 Swift.
Rifle has a Zeiss 6x42 in EAW claw mounts I,m amazed at the build quality of this piece Regards xkkat
xkkat
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 23 Mar 2024, 5:02 am

Yes my Einsteklauf is 22 Magnum long version 440mm and it shoots 30mm at 100m with CCI Vmax 30gr at 100m. I have a Zeiss 1.5-6x42 scope with EAW claw mounts for it too.

The 5.6 is used for roe deer.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 23 Mar 2024, 5:50 am

Mc Hugh , how often do u use a rifle bullet , either 22 mag or centrefire , when it’s combined in a shotgun combo firearm ? No big deal , just curious because I tend to think of u as a shot gunner , and you have mentioned great accuracy and I could imagine there may b some circumstances where a fox might not be in range for whatever reason.
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 23 Mar 2024, 6:18 am

It depends where and what I'm hunting. Can be all rifle or all shotgun. Or in a weekend at some fringe place it could be both.

First sambar was rifle barrel. Previous day it was shotgun 2 rabbits.

One day it was pig with rifle barrel, next day it was 5 goats with shotgun barrel.

I'd say 90% shotgun and 10% rifle. Simply because there is more small game where I hunt.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 23 Mar 2024, 2:21 pm

Cool. Thanks for that. I often choose not to take a shotgun for a walk in the thick in case I see Animal out of range . But if I also had a rifle it increases my options… il give some thought to do I want an adapter for 22 mag or 357
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 24 Mar 2024, 2:51 pm

Blr243 wrote:Cool. Thanks for that. I often choose not to take a shotgun for a walk in the thick in case I see Animal out of range . But if I also had a rifle it increases my options… il give some thought to do I want an adapter for 22 mag or 357

Today I took two drillings to the range. The first was a bock drilling in 308 and 222. The second in a 7x65R. After chronographing the 165gr on the 308 I sighted in at 100m at 22mm I then used the ballistic calculator at 200m. Hit the target so I then tried the 250 target and hit that. Then I tried the 300m target and hit that. Finally the reading said 402m on the last gong and I could see it move when I hit it. I'm not saying the drilling is a long range tacticool rifle but good enough for my hunting 250m is plenty.

The 7x65R was old school so just made sure it was zeroed at 200m with a 5X scope and it gave about 100mm but enough to hit a deer in the chest at that range.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 24 Mar 2024, 6:18 pm

xkkat wrote:Hi guys This week's task is repairs to a Krieghoff Drilling 16 gauge x 16 gauge x 5.6x75. It comes with a sub-caliber insert in the RHS shotgun barrel. making it 22WMR The insert is keyed to the RH 16 # extractor and MUST be carefully fitted. HOWEVER, Persons unknown had just jammed it in empty and let off the right barrel! Resulting in a damaged insert locater key --bent RHS firing pin -- broken snap action Vee spring Just wondering if any members have details on one of these beautifully made pieces The Vee spring is the problem Spares are not available Regards Xkkat

Is it a neptune model, or much earlier than that?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by xkkat » 24 Mar 2024, 9:53 pm

Hi Its called a "TRUMPF" Made 11-66 Can't see a date on the 22mag insert 16#x16# with 5.6x57 under shotgun barrels Has pop-up rear blade sight when the rifle barrel is cocked. It had a bent firing pin The tolerances were so tight it wouldn't straighten, so I made a new one Just waiting on some flat spring steel to make a new top lever spring regards Xkkat
xkkat
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 24 Mar 2024, 10:14 pm

Thanks the Trumpf is the earlier model.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Gunsmithing