GRS Stocks

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Re: GRS Stocks

Post by Tiiger » 01 Jan 2015, 1:03 pm

Smiley wrote:It's awkward to use a rifle now that doesn't have one.

Yep. It's all what you're used to.
Tiiger
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by eveyoz » 04 Apr 2016, 11:21 am

I have a Beserk stock on my t3 223 varmint, I'm that impressed I'm looking at a adjustable hunter or varmint stock on my Tikka varmint 30-06.

Would anyone consider either of these stocks on an already heavy varmint barrel rifle to walk around with?
eveyoz
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by MalleeFarmer » 05 Apr 2016, 8:32 am

Since this has been restarted! I'm after a GRS stock for a long range varminter build. Thinking of the sporter varmint or the hybrid. Is the Hybrid worth the extra coin?
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 05 Apr 2016, 9:23 am

The rear bag rider on the hybrid would make a difference if you plan to use a rear bag regularly.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by RealNick » 05 Apr 2016, 10:31 am

I've been ogling these for ages.

Really like them.
RealNick
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by MalleeFarmer » 06 Apr 2016, 1:07 pm

Gwion wrote:The rear bag rider on the hybrid would make a difference if you plan to use a rear bag regularly.

That's what I was thinking but I think it's $100 or so bucks more. Dunno.
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 06 Apr 2016, 1:42 pm

$100 extra when you're already spending a grand is worth it, if it means it suits the way you use it. No point saving 100 bucks and not ending up with the rifle that suits you purposes.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 06 Apr 2016, 1:43 pm

All depends on what you think you need.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Seik » 12 Apr 2016, 3:53 pm

Gwion wrote:$100 extra when you're already spending a grand is worth it, if it means it suits the way you use it. No point saving 100 bucks and not ending up with the rifle that suits you purposes.

And more it costs you 5x as much to sell and rebuy the right thing after you get stick of it and do that anyway.
Seik
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by MalleeFarmer » 15 Apr 2016, 7:58 am

This is all true.
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by MalleeFarmer » 15 Apr 2016, 4:18 pm

Well I'll be!!! :thumbsdown: $950 for the sporter varmint $1120 for the hybrid or $650ish for the berserk (polymer version of the sporter varmint) don't like the poly one but it's the price of a boyds less than the equivalent laminate. :o
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 15 Apr 2016, 4:29 pm

Gwion wrote:The rear bag rider on the hybrid would make a difference if you plan to use a rear bag regularly.

good at the range but the flat but section makes it difficult to make elevation adjustments off a bipod in the field. for hunting i'd go with the sloping butt section

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by MalleeFarmer » 15 Apr 2016, 4:36 pm

Chronos, do you recommend the hunter for a LR varmint rifle
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Lorgar » 18 Apr 2016, 11:13 am

RealNick wrote:I've been ogling these for ages.

Less ogling, more shooting :D
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Previous

Return to Gunsmithing