The 25c Glock Trigger Fix

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

The 25c Glock Trigger Fix

Post by Baldrick314 » 30 Sep 2014, 9:05 pm

I'll preface this post by saying that in no way am I suggesting untrained people should undertake gunsmithing on their own firearms, if you don't know what you're doing don't play with the internals of your firearms it can render them unsafe. If mods want to delete this post I completely understand, I'm merely posting it here in the spirit of sharing info and I'm in no way aware of potential legal fault for hosting this info. With that being said I'll begin.

I was looking into changing the trigger connector to decrease the pull weight on my Glock when I came across this link:

http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

That page shows how to strip a Glock down to it's barest components and polish the bearing surfaces of the trigger mechanism to provide a smoother trigger pull.

I just completed this operation and it did work excellently. The trigger on my Glock compared to some others I've shot was relatively a good trigger but it still felt a little gritty before the polish. After it feels a lot smoother and more consistent of a pull.

A few notes for anyone consider doing this to their firearm:
1. It most definitely voids your warranty.
2. Although I would consider this modification of low risk of causing a failure in your firearm still remember you are modifying a firearm in a way not endorsed by the manufacturer and you wear the responsibility.
3. The aim is to polish the parts, not alter the shape or remove excess material. I used autosol, which is a relatively mild polish, on cotton buds to polish all parts.
4. If you pay close attention during the disassembly stage it's quite easier to identify the exact areas that need polishing.

All in all it was worth the half hour it took me to do this and the low risk was far outweighed by how much nicer my trigger feels now.

Sorry for the long post guys, hopefully it's useful to at least one of you :)
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Re: The 25c Glock Trigger Fix

Post by Techc » 03 Oct 2014, 11:41 am

Baldrick314 wrote:All in all it was worth the half hour it took me to do this and the low risk was far outweighed by how much nicer my trigger feels now.

You're more game than I am.

Seeing one of mine in 25 pieces like that... No chance of putting it back together :lol:
.223 Remington Savage Model 12 FV
.308 Remington 700 SPS tactical
Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x40mm
Techc
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Baldrick314 » 03 Oct 2014, 1:09 pm

:lol: surprisingly it all went back together really easy. But I think Glocks have less little parts and the fitments is a lot easier than other pistols
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Supporter » 03 Oct 2014, 4:11 pm

Baldrick314 wrote:3. The aim is to polish the parts, not alter the shape or remove excess material. I used autosol, which is a relatively mild polish, on cotton buds to polish all parts.

How much polishing did you find was required before it started to straight out? Minutes? Longer?
Winchester 1894 30-30
Howa Varminter .204 Ruger
Savage Model 10/110 Trophy Hunter XP 30-06 Springfield
Supporter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Chronos » 03 Oct 2014, 5:58 pm

so you fixed the glock trigger eh?

now what are you going to do to fix the rest of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

just joking mate, there's a lot that can be done to improve these items, i had a S&W M&P9L and their triggers can be like dragging two bricks together. they do improve a fair bit with time but anything that can be done to improve your accuracy is worth doing

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Baldrick314 » 03 Oct 2014, 6:24 pm

Supporter wrote:How much polishing did you find was required before it started to straight out? Minutes? Longer?

All up probably 2-3 minutes per part. I polished the area then wiped clean and buffed with some cotton wadding then inspected and polished again if necessary.
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Baldrick314 » 03 Oct 2014, 6:25 pm

Chronos wrote:so you fixed the glock trigger eh?

now what are you going to do to fix the rest of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

just joking mate, there's a lot that can be done to improve these items, i had a S&W M&P9L and their triggers can be like dragging two bricks together. they do improve a fair bit with time but anything that can be done to improve your accuracy is worth doing

Chronos

:lol: I'm still not done with the trigger, lighter connector is next on the cards. The trigger still has a fair take up because of the "Safe Action" but at least it's not gritty anymore
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by stephencee » 06 Oct 2014, 10:46 am

Techc wrote:Seeing one of mine in 25 pieces like that... No chance of putting it back together :lol:

I couldn't even figure out how to just put the bolt back in my rifle the first time I took it out :lol:
Anschütz 1416 D HB
stephencee
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Return to Gunsmithing