New trigger for Sako L461

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Re: New trigger for Sako L461

Post by bigfellascott » 09 Jan 2017, 5:09 am

darth wrote:in the first L461 (222 rem mag) that I owned I had the same problem, long story short tryed some 50 gn sierra flat based projectiles and never looked back. I had a few people tell me the same, might be a sako thing???

Yeah could be mate, good knows how many powder/projectile combos I tried but none really showed any great potential, just wasn't worth the irritation in the end to me, I've got a 222 Howa and it runs rings around that thing so was an easy decision in the end, convert it to cash and buy something better.

The trigger in this thing was an absolute cluster f***, no matter what I tried I just couldn't get to to break or lighten up enough to be usable, I changed springs, polished etc yet still it was too heavy and creepy and then when you got it to where it wasn't too bad it was unstable and you couldn't cock it without it dropping, that was the last straw for me. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Previous

Return to Gunsmithing