Brno Model 2 22LR accuracy

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Re: Brno Model 2 22LR accuracy

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Mar 2017, 7:33 am

Thanks for that Collector, I appreciate the time and effort to write that info for us. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 21 Mar 2017, 3:00 pm

Something else that tends to work well in them is the SK Magazine ammo - it comes in a round tin and is "bulk packed". I general it performs better than most.
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Mar 2017, 3:12 pm

BRNO_Bigot wrote:Something else that tends to work well in them is the SK Magazine ammo - it comes in a round tin and is "bulk packed". I general it performs better than most.

Any good for hunting or is it more paper poking ammo?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 21 Mar 2017, 4:05 pm

Paper poking as you call it.

I have heard from a friend that RWS HVHP are good in Brnos as well, but then we start getting out of the price range of Remington Golden bullets.
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Apollo » 21 Mar 2017, 5:07 pm

There is no such thing a any one breed of .22LR Ammo that is good in any Brno or any other rifle.

Every Rimfire will work best with what ever ammo IT likes. Two Brno's, same model. same age, same everything else will work better with what it likes.

You don't really need to trick a Brno Model 2 for example to make it accurate unless some reason it didn't shoot in the first place other than finding the ammo it likes.

I have shot my standard factory 1965 Brno Model 2 in a State Title Target 200 Yard competition against 40 other competitors using Custom Grade Rimfire Rifles worth many thousands of dollars and held 6th place most of the day.

Target wise it's best ammo was Eley Black Match (expensive) but very close to it is Lapua Centre-X much cheaper and that's what I used for the competition. Hunting it's the old version Winchester PowerPoints BUT the new version isn't near as consistant.

Old story with ANY .22LR is buy all and every breed you can find and test them all, one will shine above all others. If you change manufacturer of ammo then clean the bore to remove the different wax coating but other than that I do not clean a .22LR for any other reason.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Gunsmithing