Atlasworx DBM (detachable box magazine)

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Atlasworx DBM (detachable box magazine)

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 22 Aug 2015, 3:02 pm

hi guys has any one used the atlasworx dbm in there rifle and what where your experience with them ?

thanks for any info in advance
bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: atlasworx dbm

Post by Baldrick314 » 22 Aug 2015, 4:37 pm

I haven't personally used it but I've researched DBM's to put on my rifle and I'm going with the Lumley Arms one. A little more expensive but you have your choice of either 4140 ordnance steel or 316 stainless construction as opposed to aluminium for the Atlasworxs.

The Lumley is slightly heavier but because it's made out of a harder material it will be more rugged. The Atlasworxs has the potential over time to begin to wear with insertion of a magazine made of steel, may not seem too important but for my money I'd rather the magazine be the sacrificial item because it's cheaper and easier to replace.

All of this may be of no concern to you and you should weigh it up for yourself but my personal opinion is the Lumley is a better unit for not much extra
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 22 Aug 2015, 6:01 pm

thanks mate the biggest drawing factor of the atlasworx dbm is the price, who sells the lumley arms in Australia?
bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Baldrick314 » 22 Aug 2015, 10:33 pm

bear foot bowhunter wrote:thanks mate the biggest drawing factor of the atlasworx dbm is the price, who sells the lumley arms in Australia?

I looked at them for the exact same reason :lol:

http://www.deltatactical.com.au/trijico ... rided-p53/
This is where I was gonna buy it from but apparently they're out of stock. Maybe email them or try Lumley direct, they should be able to sort you out
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 22 Aug 2015, 11:11 pm

Actuly that's not to bad for a dBm , found them to be a bit expensive in the past , also another facter is waight some where I read that the steel dBm can ad a pound in waight if i was to use a 10 rnd mag that would almost be two
but that are more rugged
bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wobble » 28 Aug 2015, 8:26 am

Ouch $280 :(
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal