Rem 700 trigger (HELP)

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Re: Rem 700 trigger (HELP)

Post by sandgroperbill » 08 Dec 2015, 12:22 am

And an empty chamber is safer still. A rifle dropped in just the wrong way could bring the bolt down and jolt the trigger or sear. Very unlikely, but I'll just go with the empty chamber.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Re: Rem 700 trigger (HELP)

Post by Lorgar » 08 Dec 2015, 12:51 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Once lightened the Walker trigger is much more likely to suffer from this paticular malfunction.

Iv had a walker trigger malfunction 3 times , once when realising the safety, once when closing bolt and once while lining up a shot with my trigger finger off the trigger ... scary stuff having your rifle discharge when you least expect it , thank goodness it was pointing in a safe direction each time.

My walker trigger was set to 1 1/2 LB and passed the bump test.

Not a malfunction in this case, but I had a similar experience when I was adjusting the trigger on my Anschütz.

Got it so it had a super crisp break but I'd obviously gone too far in the initial adjustment. I had it fire once by thumping it around a bit trying to get it to go, so no surprise there, but had it fire once on closing the bolt too.

Easy to fix but a bit of a "ooow, crap" moment when it goes on you.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Gunsmithing