Newbie Howa 1500 Glass Bed. (Pics)

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Re: Newbie Howa 1500 Glass Bed. (Pics)

Post by scotty87 » 02 Jun 2016, 10:05 am

tony308 wrote:other than the bedding,how was the fit of the boyds stock?....looks like a boyds?

As for overall fit, I added a pacymar slip on medium recoil pad (removed Boyd's pad) which has extended length of pull a little so I found I have to change my rings and bases, Leopold 2 piece remmington 700 bases + rings to a picatinny rail with weaver style rings to be able to mount the scope back far enough to get a comfortable eye relief
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Homer » 04 Jun 2016, 7:38 am

G'Day Fella's,

Mallee farmer, nice to see you have been having fun!

Doh!
Homer
Homer
Corporal
Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by chacka » 08 Jun 2016, 9:22 am

scotty87 wrote:As for overall fit, I added a pacymar slip on medium recoil pad (removed Boyd's pad) which has extended length of pull a little so I found I have to change my rings and bases, Leopold 2 piece remmington 700 bases + rings to a picatinny rail with weaver style rings to be able to mount the scope back far enough to get a comfortable eye relief

The after market pads are good but I hate the extra length they add.

NFI why the rifle makers haven't cottoned on to this yet and switched things around a little for thicker/better factory pads :unknown:
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Previous

Return to Gunsmithing