CNC Inlet Copying

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

CNC Inlet Copying

Post by Gwion » 15 Feb 2016, 12:00 pm

Does anyone one here have the capability to CNC copy an inletted stock. I am thinking of throwing some money at a new stock but the one i want only seems to come in an uninletted form. It would be good to get my current stock copied.

Failing anyone having the gear to it themselves, does anyone know of some one who does it. Being in Tas, someone local would be ideal, but i'd be happy to post to and fro as well.

Cheers.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Re: CNC Inlet Copying

Post by trekin » 15 Feb 2016, 2:28 pm

Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Chickenhawk » 10 Mar 2016, 10:22 am

I'm being Captain Obvious I expect but you wouldn't do it manually (which will be a bit rough) and just bed it afterwards to tighten it up?
Chickenhawk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Gwion » 10 Mar 2016, 11:04 am

i could, but working laminate can be a pain with hand tools. My stock is bedded just right, so i though if i could get it CNC coppied, it would be an easy bedding job.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by valkyrie » 10 Mar 2016, 11:50 am

Precsion machining places, like the one i work at might do it but they would charge you a pretty penny for it i promise you.
Remington 700 sf .308
Mossberg 4x4 22-250
Brno model 1 .22
Trusty 12 gauge
valkyrie
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by happyhunter » 10 Mar 2016, 11:53 am

Does anyone one here have the capability to CNC copy an inletted stock.

yep! here's my Remmy 700 SA I sketched out ages back just for kicks. Be trivial tocode up the rest of the stock to what ever design the imagination desires, tactical, classical, out of any material be it timber, laminate or 7075 T6 or even plastic. I also have gcode for m70, Howa 1500 and browning abolt inletting plus other goodies.
Attachments
R700SA.jpg
R700SA.jpg (44.32 KiB) Viewed 2494 times
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Usurper » 10 May 2016, 3:27 pm

I could have sworn someone was offering this on here a while back but for the life of me cannot find it :unknown:
.308 CZ 550 American
.222 Tikka Varmint
.357 Mag Marlin 1894
Usurper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Gunsmithing