Lee Enfield Bolts

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Lee Enfield Bolts

Post by nooman » 27 Apr 2016, 3:55 pm

I might be able to get my hands on a free Lee Enfield (not sure which version) but the bolt is missing. My main question is, is it possible to just get a bolt that fits that model and whack it in or would there still be some fit issues? If there are fit issues, would it be possible/difficult (i.e. expensive) to take it to a gunsmith to sort out?

Also as a side note if anyone can give me info on the licensing side of things regarding putting a different bolt in the rifle i.e. if it needs to be re-registered or anything that would be great but that I can probably find out through NSW licensing.
nooman
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Lee Enfield Bolts

Post by No1Mk3 » 27 Apr 2016, 5:52 pm

G'day nooman,
Proper bolt fit on the lugs, as well as headspace, would need to be set up. This is not a hard thing to do and most gunsmiths would do it in no time at all. Spare bolts are very common, but watch the price, some folk ask silly prices, but you can find $50 to $80 bolts. The bolt head for 303 comes in different sizes to adjust headspace, and are also common, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Re: Lee Enfield Bolts

Post by nooman » 28 Apr 2016, 9:41 am

Awesome, thanks for the information No1Mk3!
nooman
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Gunsmithing