Anyone used any 3D printer shooting parts?

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Anyone used any 3D printer shooting parts?

Post by RealNick » 16 Jul 2013, 4:49 pm

I take it this has been around for a little while, but I'm a bit behind on the techie stuff...

I see some are starting to make shooting parts with these 3D printers now, looks like they can make just about anything.

Looks mostly US based so not sure what we have here yet, but... Anyone had a play with any of this stuff? Seems like you could make some awesome stocks and accessories...
RealNick
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Anyone used any 3D printer shooting parts?

Post by Releb » 16 Jul 2013, 8:06 pm

I watched a document on architecture a while ago where they were using 3D printers at there international offices. They upload their plans and send it to the other offices printer and it prints out a model of the building or whatever they are designing :D

It will be awesome if/when these are affordable for regular consumers.

Like you said, you could print out some cool custom stocks.
Tikka Stainless from 30-06 Springfield lane.
Releb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Supporter » 16 Jul 2013, 8:35 pm

Cool stuff. How strong is the plastic going to be though I wonder?

I saw something a while ago about a little single shot pistol in 17HMR or 22LR I think it was.

Wouldn't be keen to fire anything in a centre fire calibre I don't think...
Winchester 1894 30-30
Howa Varminter .204 Ruger
Savage Model 10/110 Trophy Hunter XP 30-06 Springfield
Supporter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Blackened » 24 Jul 2013, 11:28 am

Supporter wrote:Cool stuff. How strong is the plastic going to be though I wonder?

I saw something a while ago about a little single shot pistol in 17HMR or 22LR I think it was.

Wouldn't be keen to fire anything in a centre fire calibre I don't think...

Not very as I understand it.

Everything I've seen in people printing magazines, lower receivers, grips etc. Nothing that is part of the actual working action in any way.

I read a while ago someone was printing AR15 mags but they only lasted about 100 rounds before they stress/vibration whatever wore them out and they were unusable.
Blackened

New South Wales

Return to Gunsmithing