Need a gunsmith on short notice in Victoria.

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Need a gunsmith on short notice in Victoria.

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 14 Dec 2016, 8:35 am

I need the barrel taken out of my Vektor and have been looking for a gunsmith who can do the work on short notice but all the smiths in Victoria seem to be too busy all the way into next year. It's only a 30 minute job I just don't have the right tools for it. So does anyone know anyone in Victoria who can do the job?
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Need a gunsmith on short notice in Victoria.

Post by juststarting » 14 Dec 2016, 9:33 am

What's your definition of short notice? I dropped 2 rifles in for site adjustment, filing and fault identification, all up took less than a week at Frankston. Maybe just bring it in and speak to them in person... NFI
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 14 Dec 2016, 12:57 pm

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:I need the barrel taken out of my Vektor and have been looking for a gunsmith who can do the work on short notice but all the smiths in Victoria seem to be too busy all the way into next year. It's only a 30 minute job I just don't have the right tools for it. So does anyone know anyone in Victoria who can do the job?

Where are you and what tools are required?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 14 Dec 2016, 1:07 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Mr.Seacucumber wrote:I need the barrel taken out of my Vektor and have been looking for a gunsmith who can do the work on short notice but all the smiths in Victoria seem to be too busy all the way into next year. It's only a 30 minute job I just don't have the right tools for it. So does anyone know anyone in Victoria who can do the job?

Ballarat, it's a factory tight barrel that screws in. I imagine it need to be heated up to get it off as well as a large wrench and a padded vice.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 14 Dec 2016, 1:09 pm

juststarting wrote:What's your definition of short notice? I dropped 2 rifles in for site adjustment, filing and fault identification, all up took less than a week at Frankston. Maybe just bring it in and speak to them in person... NFI

Before Christmas. I rang them and they said they couldn't do it, it's 2 and a half hours away for me so it's a long drive for them just to say no in person unfortunately :/
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 14 Dec 2016, 1:21 pm

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Ballarat, it's a factory tight barrel that screws in. I imagine it need to be heated up to get it off as well as a large wrench and a padded vice.

Too far for me then :-)
Does this help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocehrvh0LNI&t=13s
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by taffy4x4 » 28 Feb 2017, 7:50 pm

I always used Kevin Grinter for my guns, but that was over 10 years ago before I moved to QLD
Life is not a test drive
taffy4x4
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Gunsmithing