Martini cadet takedown version

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Martini cadet takedown version

Post by andym79 » 12 Jan 2017, 3:13 pm

Hi guys, for a while I have been mulling over what to do with shot out martini cadet.

I find myself really struggling to narrow it down to 1 cartridge.

Has anyone had a Martin cadet done in takedown/switch barrel?

I assume that this would be done with interrupted threads, but how is the plate/barrel locked in place, with a pin?

A take down/switch barrel would allow me to have it in different calibers for different a

Thanks
andym79
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Re: Martini cadet takedown version

Post by Gaz52 » 30 Jan 2017, 2:38 pm

The Cadet barrel screws into the action / frame. I had one rebarreled and chambered in.22 K Hornet . Other rebarrel / chamber options are possible .218 Bee and .222 Rimmed come to mind . To make a takedown would need some expert design and machining skills .Would it be worth the $$$$$ ? The martini cadet is a fine piece of engineering , especially when you consider they are getting close to 100 years old , rebarreled and given proper care your Martini will still be good to go for another 100 .
Gaz52
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by SillyWetTas » 17 Feb 2017, 6:51 am

Take down martinis do not use interrupted threads.
As shown at bottom of page.
http://www.rifleman.org.uk/W.W.Greener_ ... rifles.htm
SillyWetTas
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by VICHunter » 24 Feb 2017, 12:31 pm

andym79 wrote:A take down/switch barrel would allow me to have it in different calibers for different a

End of the post cut off? :unknown:
VICHunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by yumastepside » 06 Sep 2017, 5:51 pm

.......if you use the same rim size (30-30 or 222r/357 max ) and all centrefire, you can leave the action and extractor as is and just change the barrels.The Greeners use a split in the bottom of the action under the barrel and lock it up with a screw in cross pin.Mount sights and fore-ends to the barrel and put a " match up " line on barrel and action , barrels don't have to be super tight as long as there's a pin to stop it rotating.I'm currently doing barrels in .30 Herrett, 32 Herrett ( original barrel ) 30-40 BP and necking up my old Mach IV .17 Rimmed cases up to.22.

Roger
yumastepside
Private
Private

Tasmania

Post by andym79 » 29 Oct 2017, 10:36 am

Well isn't that always the, you buy five cadet to do five projects on, and after you have bought them and had two re barreled and a 3rd is in the process. What you were looking for comes up!
andym79
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by andym79 » 29 Oct 2017, 10:38 am

Do these have the same threads I wonder?
andym79
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Gunsmithing