Help installing a LA101 22lr Lumley Spring Kit

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Re: Help installing a LA101 22lr Lumley Spring Kit

Post by in2anity » 09 Aug 2021, 9:56 pm

Mr Auburn I used a decent quality allen key for the trigger housing screw. Remember it being quite tight. A bit of heat wouldn’t go astray however.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by John from Auburn » 15 Aug 2021, 1:56 am

Used a soldering iron to heat the screw for 10 minutes. That worked. Followed instructions above. My trigger now is a constant 1.9 pounds . THANK YOU
John from Auburn
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by in2anity » 16 Aug 2021, 11:31 am

John, was the head of the bolt release plunger is obscured by the safety leaver?
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by hutchley » 25 Aug 2021, 1:26 pm

Just finished mine - thanks to everyone above for useful pics and helpful hints.

Trickiest part was getting that blue gunk off the bolt head that holds the trigger assembly on. I found that a cotton bud moistened with acetone makes the stuff let go, then you can get a hex key to seat properly. It is VERY tight to get the bolt out, but it does let go eventually. If yours resists all reasonable force, maybe Lithgow accidentally got some of the blue gunk on the bolt threads?

Just tested the trigger, and WOW, what a difference. A sensible weight, but still safe - more like what I'm used to on other guns. I can understand Lithgow not wanting to set them up this light from the factory, but somewhere around 2 - 2.5 pounds (rather than 4+) would have been a good compromise. First decent weather I'll head out with some RWS subs and see what this does for my grouping.
hutchley
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Gunsmithing