Help or advice with damaged .22

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Re: Help or advice with damaged .22

Post by bladeracer » 18 Sep 2017, 9:03 pm

goldiexxxx wrote:Alright, so I ended up buying a model 190 semi auto version. I picked it up for $120 posted and had it sent straight to my gunsmith. It surprised us both as it looked brand new; seemed a shame to part it out but I don't have a licence for a semi. He took the parts needed from it, including the barrel and handed me back the rest minus the receiver which was decommissioned (band saw).
Anyway, although the rifle is not fully original (stamped as 190 model on the barrel), it shoots great and I had a chance to sight it in on the weekend. I remember now why I loved shooting this gun so much, its smooth, its dead accurate even with open sights, and its no beauty queen, so will be used regularly. It cost me a total of $710 for an old 22 that is probably worth maybe $250, but eh, I'm happy, and in a few months from now, the cost will mean nothing.

Thanks to everyone who commented and helped me make the best decision to fix this ordinary situation.

I had a 190 as a kid, great little rifle.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Help or advice with damaged .22

Post by Gwion » 19 Sep 2017, 10:29 pm

Nice to see it worked out for you; even it it was at a cost, if you're happy... :thumbsup:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Return to Gunsmithing