Magnum magazine follower

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Magnum magazine follower

Post by yumastepside » 06 Sep 2017, 9:15 pm

I'm looking for a magnum length magazine follower from a model 70 or something similar ( not Remington, they're sheet metal ) that I can use in a P14 Enfield that I'm building in 9.3x74R. It needs to be at least 375 H&H size for the length of the 74mm case.........just in case someone has one kicking around, I'm also looking for a Siamese Mauser extractor ......rare as an honest pollie :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger
yumastepside
Private
Private

Tasmania

Re: Magnum magazine follower

Post by Tripod » 10 Sep 2017, 11:38 am

Will you be opening the action to take the full 95mm factory COAL or reloading to 93mm?
I could be interested in selling or trading the 160x9.3 cases I have sitting here.
How do you identify a Siamese Mauser bolt or extractor? I have one here that looks like a 98 bolt but it is shorter and won't fit a 98.
Tripod
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Re: Magnum magazine follower

Post by yumastepside » 10 Sep 2017, 3:26 pm

.....already taken the action out to 95mm and made mag box to suit, for the time being I might TIG two followers together to try it out.
The Siamese extractor is the same length as the 98 but different......I'll PM you and have a yarn....

Roger
yumastepside
Private
Private

Tasmania

Return to Gunsmithing