Numrich and milsurp parts

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Numrich and milsurp parts

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2017, 9:04 am

Any of you that have dealt with Numrich would know that they ceased international shipping in April this year :-(

April 5th email: "Unfortunately, as a result of regulatory constraints and the cost associated with handling export shipments, we can no longer service all other international sales. All such sales are being discontinued and the accounts will be closed."

I've been chasing some pieces to repair some of my milsurps and having zero luck finding anything elsewhere. My account was never closed, so I would go in every month or so, load up the cart and hope they'd changed their policy, to no avail. So when OzPost told me they were setting up the forwarding service so we could have a US "address" I thought I'd take a chance.
I ordered the bits I need and used the address in the US, although it's fairly obvious it's a forwarding service. But from the advice from Numrich that they only ceased international trading for reasons of logistics I couldn't see why they would care.

This is the response I received this morning:
"Dear Sir and/or Madamn,
Please be advised we do not accept any order paid for with a foreign credit card with a shipping address in the USA. We have therefore cancelled your order.​​ Please note we do not accept mailed in payments for these orders​ or changing cc information​.

In Addition *** once an account is identified as being international and/or paying with an international card we will no longer accept an order as we are no longer honoring international orders/shipments.

We kindly ask that you do not attempt to reorder. If you attempt to reorder and your order is canceled you will not be notified

​​The authorization on your cc has been voided as we are not processing or charging your card.

NUMRICH GUN PARTS CORPORATION"

So, it seems to me they simply will not ship outside the US regardless of how easy we can make it for them logistically.

Does anybody know of another source of milsurp parts that will ship to Oz?
Or does anybody have a contact in the US that would be happy to order about US$40 worth or items for me and then post them on to me (obviously happy to pay them for their time)?
Attachments
Numrich cancelled order.JPG
Numrich cancelled order.JPG (27.03 KiB) Viewed 5312 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Numrich and milsurp parts

Post by Dunxy » 27 Oct 2017, 9:07 am

This totally sucks :(
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 27 Oct 2017, 10:13 am

Liberty Tree collectors
I've also managed to source a few odds and ends from England and the USA via eBay.

England has some very good sources of Milsurp parts.
Last edited by Supaduke on 27 Oct 2017, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by gillian » 27 Oct 2017, 10:18 am

If they are 303 parts you are after I may be able to help you with tge bolt and stripper clips
Send me a PM
gillian
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by marksman » 27 Oct 2017, 11:00 am

I'm lucky enough to have a daughter in the states who orders my stuff from numrich
all the stuff you have said about is the way it has turned out because the Australian pollies are trying to get you to have to buy from here even though you cant get it here,
a few of my friends and I are hoping Trump is going to fix this crap that little Johnny and Abbott did to help pick up sales for the Americans
if you cant even get it here why stop us from getting it else where, we are turning into a buy off Australians who import s**t from China society
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 27 Oct 2017, 11:04 am

Probably be better off blaming "O-bummer" mate. The restrictions are on that side of the pond.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by AusTac » 27 Oct 2017, 11:59 am

For .303 stuff ebay frrom the uk is worth a try
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2017, 4:52 pm

Supaduke wrote:Liberty Tree collectors
I've also managed to source a few odds and ends from England and the USA via eBay.

England has some very good sources of Milsurp parts.

Thanks for this, I'll check them out.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2017, 4:55 pm

gillian wrote:If they are 303 parts you are after I may be able to help you with tge bolt and stripper clips
Send me a PM

No, my No.4 Mk1* is pretty complete.
I'm chasing the cocking piece for the M1904/39 Verguiero, and the flash hider and stock disc for the M38. I just added some clips because I was ordering anyway.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2017, 4:57 pm

marksman wrote:I'm lucky enough to have a daughter in the states who orders my stuff from numrich
all the stuff you have said about is the way it has turned out because the Australian pollies are trying to get you to have to buy from here even though you cant get it here,
a few of my friends and I are hoping Trump is going to fix this crap that little Johnny and Abbott did to help pick up sales for the Americans
if you cant even get it here why stop us from getting it else where, we are turning into a buy off Australians who import s**t from China society

I wouldn't have a problem if Numrich had simply stated that they can no longer ship internationally for legal reasons.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 27 Oct 2017, 6:56 pm

Gamerancher wrote:Probably be better off blaming "O-bummer" mate. The restrictions are on that side of the pond.

your right the restrictions are on the other side of the pond but they started before O-bummer
the need for an export licence started when little Johnny was in and he made an agreement with Bush
you could get around it at that time though because you could still order things like shilen barrels for instance that would require the export licence if ordered from the shilen manufacturer by ordering them from sellers such as brownells,
you still needed an export and import permit but not the $375 usd export licence
http://www.shilen.com/export.html
this was tightened up and cannot be done now from when Abbott was in and as far as I know my daughter needs the export licence to send me the parts I get from her even if they are a gift, I have been told by an importer that she may need the export licence to carry a barrel through customs into Australia even if it is a gift
this is bad for business in America as people here will just go without or it will make a couple of people rich here in Australia

not long ago I received parts my daughter had bought for me from Numrich gun parts corporation, I have been getting her to slip a few things into packages she has sent, customs found every part and put them into a bag but let them go through, lucky me but I wont be doing it again,
s**t myself I did, I was waiting for quite a while for that knock on the door
anyway as I said earlier I am hoping Trump will change things to make it easier to export out of America
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 01 Nov 2017, 11:55 am

The issue on the US side is ITAR. ITAR is used by US government to restrict the transfer of knowledge and technology to other countries without some sort of vetting. I even run into this in my line of work where certain aspects of the training we do if a foreign military is involved, some of that has to get State Dept. approval such if we use night optics with them. In my opinion ITAR has been used and abused to restrict trade unnecessarily. In fact we fought a big battle here in the US with the obama admin. about 2 years ago where they wanted to use ITAR to shut down forums, gun magazines, etc and require even the lowliest of gunsmiths to register with ITAR($3000 a year). Congress slapped all that down for now.

I am no lawyer but from what I have read, one can send less than $100 in firearms parts overseas. Best thing to do is search for a knowledgeable seller who does this often. Gunbroker is the ebay here for firearms parts and there might be sellers on there willing to send overseas. Also I would check on some of the milsurp forums in the USA as well for help. Unfortunately part of the problem is that here in the USA we have about 30000 firearms laws at the national, state and local level and it's all designed to trip and ensnare firearms owners so a lot of people end up very cautious.

I feel your pain, hopefully Liberty Tree can help you out.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wanneroo » 01 Nov 2017, 11:59 am

Also I forgot to mention Numrich has gone through some changes lately. Perhaps the older owners died off or retired. But they shut down their retail operation which has been open for something like 70 years, now it's just online only.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wrenchman » 03 Nov 2017, 1:25 am

one other forum i belong to a guy had a shot gun barrel he was looking to sell but he could not send it to me customs wouldnt let it in i had to go and get.
not a big deal just dealng with customs and waiting in line sucks pre 911 driveing to windser was easy and took no time
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by SendIt » 16 Nov 2017, 8:47 am

wanneroo wrote:But they shut down their retail operation which has been open for something like 70 years, now it's just online only.

Welcome to the future :thumbsdown:
Sako 85 Hunter Laminated Stainless 30-06 Sprg
Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42

Winchester 1892 44-40
SendIt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 22 Dec 2017, 1:49 am

SendIt wrote:
wanneroo wrote:But they shut down their retail operation which has been open for something like 70 years, now it's just online only.

Welcome to the future :thumbsdown:

For a lot of these sellers, yes, especially when their business model focuses on selling nationwide.

However a lot of big milsurp and part sellers still go to the large gun shows here in the USA. SARCO for instance has a retail operation but also goes to the big gun shows here in Pennsylvania. One option for Australians I would guess is to visit the USA and find some of these large gun shows and buy parts that way and send them home to yourself.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Gunsmithing