Swan barrels

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Re: Swan barrels

Post by bigrich » 28 Mar 2018, 4:53 pm

thanks rod, that's a lot of detail. you've researched a fair bit.i actually have bought two magazines for my krico hornet . easy guy to deal with. i've got enough krico's for the moment, but i'm always on the lookout for anything rare and collectable. i had a weihrauch hw60j in 22 mag which had so many similarities to krico in design it's not funny. i think that's who krico turned into. very good qaulity rifles, fantastic triggers and very accurate. cheers mate
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 29 Mar 2018, 5:15 pm

sorry , meant to say i bought two mags of stewart gavin.easy to deal with fella. will keep him in mind if i cant get anything made in brisvegas
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 30 Mar 2018, 8:09 pm

well, tried different factory ammo in the hornet and this is the result. wind was a bit gusty at times (played havoc with my 22 lr ) better groups are possible .hornady 35gr v-max shot best. winchester 35gr varmit x second rem 45gr hp and PPU tied for third . considering cost and the good brass, PPU is good value. dirtys the bore quickly though , this swan barrel has had about 100 rounds through it now, so hoping groups tighten further. bit more practice by the nut behind the trigger will help too. :thumbsup:
Attachments
SAM_0600.JPG
best hornady group
SAM_0600.JPG (825.57 KiB) Viewed 462 times
SAM_0599.JPG
krico 22 hornet groups, swan heavy barrel
SAM_0599.JPG (804.2 KiB) Viewed 462 times
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by Gunplumber » 12 May 2018, 10:46 am

Hi Rod “gunnnie” how is that Flamged going?
Gunplumber
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Bristles1 » 24 Nov 2018, 2:46 pm

Alan has been doing work for me for 30 years. He is honest and does good work, now that his son is with him he is getting more organized and his 'office' work is better. He is busy and sometimes he needs a little push but he is generally very reliable. Give him a call and see what is the issue and I am sure he can accommodate you. He is one of the good guys.
Bristles1
Private
Private

Queensland

Previous

Return to Gunsmithing