Timney Trigger

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Timney Trigger

Post by Sam45 » 04 Feb 2018, 7:11 pm

Has anyone bought a Timney trigger from the USA? Do you need an import licence or can you just buy online? They are nearly 3 times the price :wtf:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Timney Trigger

Post by brinny » 04 Feb 2018, 7:29 pm

Bought one and put it on my 17 rem fireball....bought it out of the local gunshop though....cant remember it being that expensive here...around the $220.00 mark if i remember rightly....didnt think that was out of the way.....Had it trimmed to 4 oz.....great trigger....
https://i.imgur.com/2LP7fME.jpg
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 04 Feb 2018, 10:46 pm

Sam45 wrote:Has anyone bought a Timney trigger from the USA? Do you need an import licence or can you just buy online? They are nearly 3 times the price :wtf:

I would expect you'd need a B709 Import ticket for it.
Do http://www.Brownells.com.au list it?
Last edited by bladeracer on 06 Feb 2018, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sam45 » 05 Feb 2018, 7:47 am

bladeracer wrote:
Sam45 wrote:Has anyone bought a Timney trigger from the USA? Do you need an import licence or can you just buy online? They are nearly 3 times the price :wtf:

I would expect you'd need a B709 Import ticket for it.
Do [url]Brownells.com.au[/url] list it?

Cheers mate, will have a look into it.
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Feb 2018, 8:39 am

What rifle is the trigger for Sam?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Sam45 » 05 Feb 2018, 10:25 am

bigfellascott wrote:What rifle is the trigger for Sam?

The new Remington Sendero I just bought mate in 300 win mag :thumbsup:

20180204_150426.jpg
20180204_150426.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 4379 times
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Feb 2018, 1:32 pm

Sam45 wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:What rifle is the trigger for Sam?

The new Remington Sendero I just bought mate in 300 win mag :thumbsup:

20180204_150426.jpg

I wonder if the Ebay Trigger Guy (Glen Coughlan) does those? might be worth asking as it would save you a heap and every bit as good if not better than the Timney triggers anyway - he's on Facebook if you are interested (had 4 triggers worked by him now and all are fantastic. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by hazza3006 » 05 Feb 2018, 3:55 pm

Yeah i recently purchased a Timney trigger for my rem 700 via my local gun store. The prices when ajusted from usd to aud were still reasonable plus have the added convenience of local support in case of troubles.
hazza3006
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 05 Feb 2018, 8:39 pm

Check if they are listed on Brownells Australia. Seems to be a pretty good indicator of what is allowed into Australia without a permit.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 05 Feb 2018, 8:46 pm

Supaduke wrote:Check if they are listed on Brownells Australia. Seems to be a pretty good indicator of what is allowed into Australia without a permit.

Brownells also do stuff that would otherwise require import permits, like triggers, magazines and such.
I just ordered another target knob Williams peep sight for the Norinco :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Strikey » 05 Feb 2018, 10:36 pm

How light do you want the trigger wieght?? The older model 700 triggers can be adjusted to a very crisp 8-10 ounces with the sears squared up nicely or get it converted to a 3 lever, 2 oumce trigger weight and a lot nicer feel than a Timney
Strikey
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sam45 » 06 Feb 2018, 10:59 am

Thanks for all the info guys, I purchased a Calvin Elite trigger from a LGS. Bit pricey although I think I will get the results I'm looking for, also bought some dies, pills and a trimmer for the 300.

So I will take it to the gunsmith, have the trigger fitted and also have it bedded at the same time. So can't wait to get some time behind it. Very expensive exercise I know, once in a lifetime purchase and the Action is a great starting point for things down the track.

I did hear about the Trigger guy on Ebay, sadly I'm tim the tool man when it comes to doing that sort of stuff. Best left to the pro's :lol:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 06 Feb 2018, 11:25 am

The trigger really is not that hard to do yourself. Its just a case of pushing out two pins. But if your not into those types of things gunsmith is next best option.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Mitch » 06 Feb 2018, 11:46 am

I got my calvin elite locally for just under $400. Worth it given exchange rates etc from the USA
Mitch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sam45 » 06 Feb 2018, 11:59 am

Mitch wrote:I got my calvin elite locally for just under $400. Worth it given exchange rates etc from the USA

Yep I agree, there was not much difference. How do you find it? What rifle did you use it for?

sungazer wrote:The trigger really is not that hard to do yourself. Its just a case of pushing out two pins. But if your not into those types of things gunsmith is next best option.

Safer bet for me, have none of the tools required either..
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Mitch » 06 Feb 2018, 4:59 pm

Sam45 wrote:
Mitch wrote:I got my calvin elite locally for just under $400. Worth it given exchange rates etc from the USA

Yep I agree, there was not much difference. How do you find it? What rifle did you use it for.

I find it excellent. I have it at about 1.2lb, to match all my rifles, and is on a remington 70p in 300BLK
Mitch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 06 Feb 2018, 6:38 pm

I went overboard at least as far as cost goes and bought a Hubert. It is a very nice trigger. 2 Stage which I really like. )The Savage Accu trigger is effectively a two stage as well.) Anyway it is an easy predictable smooth pull on the first stage which you take up to the wall. You can easily let the pressure of if you decide not to take the shot. once at that wall there is no more discernible movement. You think fire and of she goes. Really Really nice trigger from Delta Tactical who also sponsored the service rifle match at 1000yards with the Vic Police OPM well done I am sure that will grow with todays taticool rifles. So give him a call if you have a rifle that has any military or service application and want to shoot good ranges.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Return to Gunsmithing