Crossman tr77 scope issues

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Crossman tr77 scope issues

Post by Bigbadbenny » 04 Feb 2018, 9:04 pm

Hi all

I recently bought a crossman tr 77 air rifle, plenty of kick/power compared to the old spring loaded rifles.
It has apparently a 1200ftps , my problem is the scope moving constantly sliding back off the rail.
I’ve tried to solve it by tightening etc, been back to the shop told them they changed the two mounts for a larger one, they fit it tightened it etc, said try that same problem,
The gun is brand new been back and fourth trying to fix it ? Any ideas ??? :thumbsdown:
Bigbadbenny
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Crossman tr77 scope issues

Post by bladeracer » 04 Feb 2018, 10:43 pm

Bigbadbenny wrote:Hi all

I recently bought a crossman tr 77 air rifle, plenty of kick/power compared to the old spring loaded rifles.
It has apparently a 1200ftps , my problem is the scope moving constantly sliding back off the rail.
I’ve tried to solve it by tightening etc, been back to the shop told them they changed the two mounts for a larger one, they fit it tightened it etc, said try that same problem,
The gun is brand new been back and fourth trying to fix it ? Any ideas ??? :thumbsdown:

Does it have anything in its design to prevent fore and aft movement at all?
You could try something like these - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Picatinny-W-3-8-11mm-Dovetail-to-7-8-20mm-Weaver-Rail-Adapter-Scope-Mount-hk/142575476257 - in between the rings perhaps - pretty cheap fix.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Feb 2018, 5:48 am

Can you tap the rail and put a grub screw in so the mounts rest up against it and prevent them from moving? The other thing you can do is Arldyte the rail to the reciever (that what I've done to mine) and it's never moved ever (mines a bridge mount). :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Bigbadbenny » 08 Feb 2018, 7:27 pm

Cheers I’ve thought about the grub screw behind the scope... I’m a bit hesitant on glueing it on to it...... I’ve tried a few diff mounts, I ve asked around if this has happened to others with this gun and no one else has had this problem, I’m wondering if it could be something with the coating the put on the gun ?
Bigbadbenny
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by AusTac » 08 Feb 2018, 7:39 pm

Recently been through this issue with my weihrauch .177 took my a while to find a winning formula but bkl mounts seem to be the go can you send us a photo of the top of the action? There are solutions out there
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Return to Gunsmithing