Removing trigger creep on Anschutz 1416 (manual isn't right)

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Re: Removing trigger creep on Anschutz 1416 (manual isn't ri

Post by happyhunter » 30 Dec 2016, 9:32 am

I've got an old Annie 1530 in 222 Rem made in 1963 and the trigger is the lightest, smoothest and crispest of any rifle I've ever used, probably because in 1963 lawyers didn't set trigger pull weights.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by bigfellascott » 30 Dec 2016, 9:55 am

happyhunter wrote:I've got an old Annie 1530 in 222 Rem made in 1963 and the trigger is the lightest, smoothest and crispest of any rifle I've ever used, probably because in 1963 lawyers didn't set trigger pull weights.

Did you own it from new or buy it 2nd hand?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by happyhunter » 30 Dec 2016, 5:19 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
happyhunter wrote:I've got an old Annie 1530 in 222 Rem made in 1963 and the trigger is the lightest, smoothest and crispest of any rifle I've ever used, probably because in 1963 lawyers didn't set trigger pull weights.

Second hand. I wasn't born in 1963. Most my guns are older than me :D
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by bigfellascott » 30 Dec 2016, 9:14 pm

happyhunter wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:

Second hand. I wasn't born in 1963. Most my guns are older than me :D

That's what I though but figured I'd ask, probably worked I would say if I had to guess, either way it doesn't matter so long as it's working as one likes - that Sako I had was a real disappointment in that department sadly and was one SOAB to get working right (way over complicated trigger for mine) the Tikka was an easy tune as was the Ruger and Brno Mod 2, I never touched the Howas as I know Glen would make them the best they could be so sent them to him, I never had to work the Savages as they'd already been done and are brilliant triggers for the most part.

Anyway mate enjoy the Annie, they are a well made rifle (had one as a kid). :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Gunsmithing