Spika Safe Review/Comments

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Spika Safe Review/Comments

Post by Rider888 » 11 Nov 2017, 6:14 pm

Folks,

I went into a store today to look at a safe and was asking the guys about the Spika safes. Their comment was that there have been issues with the quality of Spika safes and in turn not meeting legislation. Has anyone experienced this or got anything to add?

Trying to see if there is any truth to this or is it that they dont carry that brand and as such, will try make something up to put me off Spika?

The store did carry Lokaway but sadly, this brand does not make a Pistol safe, that is under 1 meter high with digital combo, that meets NSW requirements.

Thoughts?
Rider888
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Spika Safe Review/Comments

Post by Supaduke » 11 Nov 2017, 7:45 pm

Considering it's got folded corners or welds on each edge, unless it's actually falling apart I can't see how it could possibly fail inspection. Sounds like a load of BS to sell you a different brand.

All mainstream safes are made to be within Australian requirements. Be a marketing disaster otherwise and it would be common knowledge within the shooting community.
Supaduke
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Baronvonrort » 11 Nov 2017, 8:46 pm

Spika are an Australian company.

https://spika.com.au/products/safes
Baronvonrort
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 11 Nov 2017, 8:49 pm

If you were told that in a store, then why is the store knowingly selling a non compliant safe (and tell you about it)?
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Brigadier
Brigadier

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 11 Nov 2017, 9:40 pm

Spika do several different safes. You may need to be more specific as to which model safe your concerned about.
Gun control is hitting your target.
on_one_wheel
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

South Australia

Post by Wombat » 11 Nov 2017, 10:26 pm

Maybe something that isn't cat H but that was cat A & B is what was commented upon. My Spika is A & B compliant and I have had not issues with inspections or otherwise.
Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Rider888 » 12 Nov 2017, 3:44 am

juststarting wrote:If you were told that in a store, then why is the store knowingly selling a non compliant safe (and tell you about it)?

Not sure why. I think they were just as surprised when I mentioned that Lokaway is the only mainstream manufacture that did not make a compliant safe that met my requirements
Rider888
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Rider888 » 12 Nov 2017, 3:45 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Spika do several different safes. You may need to be more specific as to which model safe your concerned about.

Im not actually concerned. The retail store mentioned that there have been compliance and quality issues with Spika in the past. I am looking at the SCB1. In terms of compliance, I am well aware of my rights for compensation/refund under fair trading act if the safe I buy is deemed not compliant and hence not fit for purpose.
Rider888
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Xerox » 13 Nov 2017, 12:43 pm

Supaduke wrote:Considering it's got folded corners or welds on each edge, unless it's actually falling apart I can't see how it could possibly fail inspection. Sounds like a load of BS to sell you a different brand.

I agree.

Spika are good.

The SCB1 (as later mentioned) and a iron lump of a unit too.
Xerox
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by veep » 15 Nov 2017, 3:19 pm

Were they out of stock?

That's usually the reason something is crap.

The one that have in stock for you to buy then and there is always real good though :lol:
veep
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment