Email from Brownells USA.

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Email from Brownells USA.

Post by Rod_outbak » 05 Apr 2019, 10:31 am

Email arrived today(from Brownells USA):

Valued Brownells Customer,
We’re happy to inform you that you can once again shop directly from Brownells USA (website included here)!

Visit Brownells.com today and start shopping the world’s largest assortment of firearms accessories, parts, reloading tools, components and more – directly from Brownells USA.
Of course, nearly all of our products are backed by our industry-exclusive, Guaranteed. Forever.TM customer satisfaction policy.

Interesting; a while back, they were practically insisting all purchases come through the Australian site.

It makes me wonder what changed..
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 594
Queensland

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by No1_49er » 05 Apr 2019, 11:01 am

Perhaps the ITAR reg's have changed in which case the Aus site would now be redundant?
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 444
Queensland

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by marksman » 05 Apr 2019, 11:04 am

got the same email myself
User avatar
marksman
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2216
Victoria

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by wanneroo » 05 Apr 2019, 2:01 pm

No1_49er wrote:Perhaps the ITAR reg's have changed in which case the Aus site would now be redundant?


I'll have to check and see if it was published in the Federal Register. Last I heard it was well on it's way to being a done deal. That will be good news for you guys.
wanneroo
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 424
United States of America

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by JimTom » 05 Apr 2019, 2:16 pm

Absolutely. Be worth it when ordering bulk projectiles. Be nice to be able to buy projects without having a pineapple shoved in the proverbial when paying for them here in Aus. In saying that there have been a few good deals around over the last few months.
Huntin’, Fishin’, and Lovin’ Everyday.
JimTom
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2
 
Posts: 1035
Queensland

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by pomemax » 05 Apr 2019, 4:31 pm

I just logged on awhile ago i was redirected to AUs site not this time
pomemax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 936
New South Wales

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by Ziad » 05 Apr 2019, 4:43 pm

Probably still charge gst
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1
 
Posts: 1276
Victoria

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by bladeracer » 05 Apr 2019, 6:52 pm

Ziad wrote:Probably still charge gst


Is there some reason you shouldn't pay GST on it?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
General
General
 
Posts: 5735
Victoria

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by No1_49er » 05 Apr 2019, 7:26 pm

Never mind the new stuff. I want to close out a rather large list of stuff from the likes of Numrich etc. Lots of restoration projects waiting for resurrection.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 444
Queensland

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by bladeracer » 05 Apr 2019, 7:47 pm

No1_49er wrote:Never mind the new stuff. I want to close out a rather large list of stuff from the likes of Numrich etc. Lots of restoration projects waiting for resurrection.


Yep, that's what I'm waiting on as well, getting milsurps shooting again!
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
General
General
 
Posts: 5735
Victoria

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by GQshayne » 05 Apr 2019, 8:47 pm

I have bought a few bits from Brownells here. Made a phone call a while back on getting a Numrich part, as they are an agent. "send us an email" they said. So I did. And another, and another, and then another. No answer to them. Sounds like they are defunct.
GQshayne
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 205
Queensland

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by bladeracer » 05 Apr 2019, 9:07 pm

GQshayne wrote:I have bought a few bits from Brownells here. Made a phone call a while back on getting a Numrich part, as they are an agent. "send us an email" they said. So I did. And another, and another, and then another. No answer to them. Sounds like they are defunct.


Numrich do not ship out of the US due to ITAR so they're probably not going to respond to non-US email.
I was not aware that Brownells could get Numrich stuff.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
General
General
 
Posts: 5735
Victoria

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by JSS » 06 Apr 2019, 8:03 am

Rod_outbak wrote:Email arrived today(from Brownells USA):

Valued Brownells Customer,
We’re happy to inform you that you can once again shop directly from Brownells USA (website included here)!

Visit Brownells.com today and start shopping the world’s largest assortment of firearms accessories, parts, reloading tools, components and more – directly from Brownells USA.
Of course, nearly all of our products are backed by our industry-exclusive, Guaranteed. Forever.TM customer satisfaction policy.

Interesting; a while back, they were practically insisting all purchases come through the Australian site.

It makes me wonder what changed..


That's good news, thanks for the heads up Rod. :drinks:
User avatar
JSS
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 336
Queensland

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by No1_49er » 06 Apr 2019, 8:57 am

For clarification, I enquired about the change, and this is their reply - "Thank you for the email, all pending or open orders through Brownells Australia will still be handled by them. Any new orders you would like to place can now be entered directly on the US site and we will process. Regulated items on any new orders would require an export license."
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 444
Queensland

Re: Email from Brownells USA.

Post by GQshayne » 06 Apr 2019, 8:48 pm

bladeracer wrote:
GQshayne wrote:I have bought a few bits from Brownells here. Made a phone call a while back on getting a Numrich part, as they are an agent. "send us an email" they said. So I did. And another, and another, and then another. No answer to them. Sounds like they are defunct.


Numrich do not ship out of the US due to ITAR so they're probably not going to respond to non-US email.
I was not aware that Brownells could get Numrich stuff.


Brownells US had some Numrich stuff listed, so I contacted Brownells here to see if what I wanted could be ordered. I have sent an enquiry to Brownells US now, to see what can be supplied. We will see.
GQshayne
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 205
Queensland


Back to top
 
Return to Shooting accessories and equipment