Brownells

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Brownells

Post by perentie » 23 Sep 2026, 12:29 pm

I have been trying to get onto the USA website but just get transferred to the Aussie site.
I am after a Magpul 1182 mag for 300 BLK 20 rd pinned to 10. Australia say they cant get them so wanted to see if USA had them or not,.
I found one in OZ but I wanted another. Wouldnt think that would be hard.
Anyone got a link direct to the USA site?

Keith
perentie
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 398
Queensland

Re: Brownells

Post by No1Mk3 » 23 Sep 2026, 1:02 pm

Brownells will always direct you to their new Australian outlet, even Sinclair International now redirects to Brownells Australia. I suggest using a VPN if you really want to browse the US website. Have you tried Digger Tactical for your mag? He advertises 10 rnd 300BLK P-Mags.
No1Mk3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2330
Victoria

Re: Brownells

Post by Wapiti » 23 Sep 2026, 4:56 pm

Tried Cleavers? Much easier.
"The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."
Aristotle.
Regards G,
AKA Dr. Doolittle
Wapiti
Major
Major
 
Posts: 2964
Queensland

Re: Brownells

Post by Wapiti » 23 Sep 2026, 4:59 pm

Lookup Cleavers - magazines and parts - Magpul - magazines - and you'll see the pinned to 10, 20-shot 300BLK magazines for $89.90.
"The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."
Aristotle.
Regards G,
AKA Dr. Doolittle
Wapiti
Major
Major
 
Posts: 2964
Queensland

Re: Brownells

Post by perentie » 23 Sep 2026, 7:19 pm

Wapiti wrote:Lookup Cleavers - magazines and parts - Magpul - magazines - and you'll see the pinned to 10, 20-shot 300BLK magazines for $89.90.

Yes I ordered one from them a couple of months ago. Its still on backorder. I had Berrys bullets on the same backorder and they came but no mag.
I tried the other mob too but no stock even though its still on the website..
Brownells Australia say they cant get them so just wanted to see if the US site had them.

Keith
perentie
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 398
Queensland

Re: Brownells

Post by Wapiti » 23 Sep 2026, 8:18 pm

Mate I'd bet that they will be hard onto them to get stock. Jade Cleaver is a huge Magpul seller of all kinds and always aims to have as much as possible.
Also, subscribe to their specials emails because we've bought them on special for under $50 I'm pretty sure. Black ones, not the FDE or tan ones, or the windowed ones.
If you are interested, PM me for my phone number and I'll give you some info you may find extremely helpful.
Also the shortys for under $30.
If you really get stuck, let me know mate, we have plenty here.
"The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."
Aristotle.
Regards G,
AKA Dr. Doolittle
Wapiti
Major
Major
 
Posts: 2964
Queensland

Re: Brownells

Post by perentie » 24 Sep 2026, 6:21 am

Wapiti wrote:Mate I'd bet that they will be hard onto them to get stock. Jade Cleaver is a huge Magpul seller of all kinds and always aims to have as much as possible.
Also, subscribe to their specials emails because we've bought them on special for under $50 I'm pretty sure. Black ones, not the FDE or tan ones, or the windowed ones.
If you are interested, PM me for my phone number and I'll give you some info you may find extremely helpful.
Also the shortys for under $30.
If you really get stuck, let me know mate, we have plenty here.


Thanks. I just looked at Magpuls website and they list the 20 and 30 rd mags but not a pinned one.
Wondering now if they are modified in Australia as a couple of months back I got the last one that Digger Tactical had in 300 Blk. They still have a ,223 one.The floor plate is not removable on the one I have. Looks like plastic welding or something so it cant be remodified back.
The .223/300 Blk 10 rnd mags work with the lighter bullets in supersonics but these 1182 mags are made specially to take the heavier 190 and 200 grn projectiles. Different lip profile or something.
I have the short mags for the .223 but wanted the long ones for the 300 so I wouldnt get them mixed up.
perentie
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 398
Queensland

Re: Brownells

Post by Bugman » 26 Sep 2026, 8:05 am

Ordered some bits for S&W via Brownells. That was two months ago. It is now on it's way from Brownells Oz. I guess that is not too bad
considering.
User avatar
Bugman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 1639
New South Wales

Re: Brownells

Post by Wapiti » 26 Sep 2026, 6:58 pm

Problem with those Magpul mags is, some fellas I know that have the Alcors and Chimeras is they hit the online shops hard for mags after the door shut with the Turkanistan things and the end of the parts too.
There's been a bit of a run on them, that has definitely helped deplete stock.
And good 'ol Australia isn't on the US's important list, and the yanks know that that germ Albanese has stopped imports of a lot of stuff.
"The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."
Aristotle.
Regards G,
AKA Dr. Doolittle
Wapiti
Major
Major
 
Posts: 2964
Queensland

Re: Brownells

Post by perentie » 26 Sep 2026, 7:11 pm

Yes, I thought I bought two from The Barn but they just got back to me and said No Stock.
perentie
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 398
Queensland

Re: Brownells

Post by Wapiti » 26 Sep 2026, 7:27 pm

perentie wrote:Yes, I thought I bought two from The Barn but they just got back to me and said No Stock.


Check your PM's mate.
"The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."
Aristotle.
Regards G,
AKA Dr. Doolittle
Wapiti
Major
Major
 
Posts: 2964
Queensland

Re: Brownells

Post by bigrich » 27 Sep 2026, 7:33 am

Bugman wrote:Ordered some bits for S&W via Brownells. That was two months ago. It is now on it's way from Brownells Oz. I guess that is not too bad
considering.


i ordered a new mag spring for my FN 98 from brownells oz on the 23rd of august , should have it in the mail this week . not bad service considering it's come from the USA . lot quicker than pacific tool and gauge for bits . but at least PTG will post to oz :thumbsup:
bigrich
General
General
 
Posts: 6580
Queensland

Re: Brownells

Post by Fester » 28 Sep 2026, 11:19 am

Brownells Aus used to be so slow, that it would be faster ordering from the USA yourself.

The new mob running it must be giving it a crack if they are rectifying the old slowness thing.
Fester
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 624
New South Wales

Re: Brownells

Post by Wapiti » 28 Sep 2026, 2:57 pm

No f'ing way, knock yourself out using them if you have no other option.
But not this little black duck, not after I was quoted double the price for a hard-to-get scope mount here that Cleavers advertised them, no more than double, and first I got an email saying maybe 6 months, then a follow up 12, with a "we'll refund you if if takes longer than that minus an admin fee". For something in every second small-town gunshop shelf in the US.

If Cleavers or The Barn don't have the Magpul mags, forget it. These guys know how popular they are. Who knows, there might be some here in Aus on some small town obscure gunshop, maybe a few more phone calls are in order. But Perentie has been doing quite a bit of chasing.
"The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."
Aristotle.
Regards G,
AKA Dr. Doolittle
Wapiti
Major
Major
 
Posts: 2964
Queensland

Re: Brownells

Post by bigrich » 28 Sep 2026, 4:12 pm

Fester wrote:Brownells Aus used to be so slow, that it would be faster ordering from the USA yourself.

The new mob running it must be giving it a crack if they are rectifying the old slowness thing.


my mag spring turned up today , couple of days past a month to get it . not bad at all considering it came from the USA . the new owners of brownells oz are a lot quicker than the old ones :thumbsup:
bigrich
General
General
 
Posts: 6580
Queensland

Re: Brownells

Post by Fester » 28 Sep 2026, 6:44 pm

We all had years to build up a supply of primers before the shortage as we were about 3 years behind the Yanks.
I stopped buying a box for Ron whenever I went to a shop when they started the $30 price hikes every month.

Some blokes just never learn, and a few old-timers brought a smile to my face when they were still buying little hundred packs, even when the CCI LR had already dried up.

I was never a 5,000-pack buyer with anything, as I didn't see the need.
As I heard about the .22 LR ammo shortage in Seppo land, I just did the same: a brick for Ron at every gun shop visit.
I may as well have bought 5,000 packs of stuff.

Bigger projectiles were just considered too exy to buy heaps, so I just got about 3 packs when Cleavers did those 1/2 price Hrdy sales.
Next minute the Creedmoor dirt shooters must have heard something and bought out all stocks of 140s on the East Coast, almost overnight.
An old range shooter said, " Don't panic ", he just buys a pack at a time through Brownells, but he only brings one rifle, shoots 3 shot groups for 1 hour, and off home. Some shops were already charging over $80 a pack at the time.
I bought a few packs of different brand 130s to see me through, and load dev was about 3- 3 shot groups, and a couple more for fine-tuning.

I was shooting a fair bit then, and getting into longer-range plate shooting, so I took a box of 50, and a spare half box.
I should have just bought a few thousand, and at Cleaver's sale price, plus post.
I don't think we will ever see those sales again. I did score 500 Match Kings and still got some packs of ELDMs left, but future stock is gonna cost a bomb.
Fester
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 624
New South Wales


Back to top
 
Return to Shooting accessories and equipment