

Wapiti wrote:Does anyone know if I can bring/order a Boyd's stock in to Australia myself?
Pro-tactical, the distributor here, won't bring in what they don't want to, even if in the US it's a commonly off-the-shelf item, NOT a special build or order.
It appears they are trying to keep everything simple and easy.
Back when Gold Coast Shooters Supplies were around and the importer, they would get you anything even a special order. Alas, they are no more.
Has anyone brought their own in lately, and you wouldn't need a B709 for a stock would you?




Wapiti wrote:So great news, the boss at Pro-Tac will bring one in for me after picking this up, I must tell everyone about this great service. That the owner has popped up to help me.
The price is twice the US price plus $80 but that's sending to me too, so I know US postage is huge nowadays, exchange rates and an extra company needing a profit margin.
Yeah I know it's not quite the great market there is in the US, but at AU$350 to my door for a walnut stock, not a laminated one, I can't complain.
So good news.
And I can use this stock to beat up, not the irreplaceable original one. As this stock is a direct pattern copy of the original unobtanium one.

Fester wrote:Yeah, can't complain about $350, would a laminated one have been cheaper? They are pretty tough.
I just got the plain wood colour, and quite like it.





