Spotlight with internal battery surgestions?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Spotlight with internal battery surgestions?

Post by Cooper » 27 Jul 2018, 1:25 pm

Kelsey Cooter wrote:I've ended up deciding to go with the Milwaukee m12 spotlight, purely because I've already got the batteries and charger, and I love the 5 year warranty. So i figured for $147 hopefully it works out good

Will to interested to see how it goes! I'm a bit of Milwakee tool fan myself. I mainly use the M12 stuff at work. But I have a fair bit of the 18 volt stuff also.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Pythonkeeper » 28 Jul 2018, 5:43 am

I have a Ryobi +1 18 volt xenon spotlight and it is brighter than the sun, pretty sure when I was looking at reviews, the Ryobi was the second brightest available in that style of torch whith the Milwaukee being the brightest so I don’t think it will disappoint. Couple of things that let this style down are weight and start up time, they take maybe 20 seconds to warm up and reach full brightness.

I also run one of the Spika rechargeables and have found it to be a great little spottie, run time is better than I thought it would be when I first got it and it charges pretty quick, it’s nice and light in the hand and it is threaded for mounting so makes a good backup on my quad if I’m doing a quick run on smaller properties and don’t feel like hooking up the Lightforce..
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 28 Jul 2018, 1:03 pm

Kelsey Cooter wrote:
Stix wrote:
Kelsey Cooter wrote:I've ended up deciding to go with the Milwaukee m12 spotlight, purely because I've already got the batteries and charger, and I love the 5 year warranty. So i figured for $147 hopefully it works out good

What sort of throw do you get with that light kelsey...?
Similar at all to the one above Gaz has suggested...?...?

Stats say 600m like alot of the others do. Bought it from sydney tools so I'll tell you how it goes next week when it arrives :thumbsup:

Hi kelsey...
Im keen to know what you can actually pick up with the naked eye mate...
As marksman asked above, a bunny at 200 is a good all-round yardstick i also like to use...

If you get a chance, id be really keen to hear how wide the spot is at 300...& if you can easily see bunnies at around the 200 mark...

Cheers...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by JimTom » 28 Jul 2018, 4:26 pm

I use one of these. Got it mainly for use in the boat however works well in the paddock also. Can be used with or without a connection to the vehicle.
https://www.roadtechmarine.com.au/1500- ... t/p/MLE370
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment