Best rifle cleaning rod

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Best rifle cleaning rod

Post by Roo farmer » 08 Aug 2018, 7:56 am

bigrich wrote:i bought a stainless rod, but after reading a few articles about damaging bore/throught , i use "spika" carbon fibre and bore guides." LOWEY" products in south oz do bore guides for most popular stuff, and bolt "gaurds" that allow you to easily de-cock the bolt and keep it safe.do a google search and check out their website and support a ozzie family owned business :thumbsup:

I contacted Lowey, and they don't make bore guides for centrefire rifles at this stage.
Roo farmer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 08 Aug 2018, 8:48 am

Roo farmer wrote:
bigrich wrote:i bought a stainless rod, but after reading a few articles about damaging bore/throught , i use "spika" carbon fibre and bore guides." LOWEY" products in south oz do bore guides for most popular stuff, and bolt "gaurds" that allow you to easily de-cock the bolt and keep it safe.do a google search and check out their website and support a ozzie family owned business :thumbsup:

I contacted Lowey, and they don't make bore guides for centrefire rifles at this stage.

Yup, you’re right. I forgot that fact. I use the “possum hollow “ ones in my 70 Winchester and Mausers. Good guides out of materials that aren’t affected by solvent. Would buy local products if I could
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 08 Aug 2018, 12:54 pm

I have some Rod Guides / bore Guides made out of aluminum I often wonder if some of the stuff on the Rod is from the rod rubbing inside the guide. I nearly always give the rod a wipe between patches. Always has some colour on the patch used to clean the rod.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment