Buying from the USA

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Buying from the USA

Post by No1_49er » 06 Aug 2018, 9:25 am

OK folks, here's the good news.
It has almost happened - be patient. The two links give a very recent update as to where the state of play is.

http://www.borderview.com/blog/big-chan ... forefront/

https://tytnetwork.com/2018/04/30/trump ... -millions/

I reckon that once it happens, the floodgates will open for all that "stuff" we've been denied access to, to "fix" or firearms either by way of restorations or improvement.
The next hurdle, if there us one, will be the flood of B709's.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Re: Buying from the USA

Post by Andrew1au » 06 Aug 2018, 12:37 pm

Still have to get our B709’s approved. Not easy without a dealers license, from what I hear.
.300 Win Mag, Howa 1500 MDT ESS
.223, Remington 783
7.62x54, 1944 BRNO K98k Mauser
6.5x55, 1942 Swedish Mauser
22lr/22mag, Taurus Circut Judge (cat a in QLD :P)
.22lr, Mossberg plinkster
Plus a couple air rifles.

Cat H
9mm, Taurus PT99
Andrew1au
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 06 Aug 2018, 12:43 pm

Andrew1au wrote:Still have to get our B709’s approved. Not easy without a dealers license, from what I hear.

I'm not a dealer, but I've never had a problem getting a B709. In fact, even though I have obtained the appropriate paperwork some of the items have come through with it having to be presented.
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Cryptic » 06 Aug 2018, 6:08 pm

Trouble now is our gov and their making overseas companies pay gst on under 1k items.
Number of overseas businesses dont want to set up a separate payment system to incorporate our gst rules so have stopped shipping to Aust, IE: Amazons pull out and ebay sellers limiting their offerings to us at checkout.
Im fine paying the tax but for some companies they just dont wish to deal with it on their end.
It sucks there is a win on more range due to changes in US but our gov screwed it on our end.
Sure there are reship etc but they are more an inconvenience and some like Aus posts if they know its gun related send it back.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 06 Aug 2018, 11:34 pm

Cryptic wrote:Trouble now is our gov and their making overseas companies pay gst on under 1k items.
Number of overseas businesses dont want to set up a separate payment system to incorporate our gst rules so have stopped shipping to Aust, IE: Amazons pull out and ebay sellers limiting their offerings to us at checkout.
Im fine paying the tax but for some companies they just dont wish to deal with it on their end.
It sucks there is a win on more range due to changes in US but our gov screwed it on our end.
Sure there are reship etc but they are more an inconvenience and some like Aus posts if they know its gun related send it back.

If you order from overseas via Ebay.com.au Ebay simply adds the GST to your order.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 06 Aug 2018, 11:37 pm

No1_49er wrote:OK folks, here's the good news.
It has almost happened - be patient. The two links give a very recent update as to where the state of play is.

http://www.borderview.com/blog/big-chan ... forefront/

https://tytnetwork.com/2018/04/30/trump ... -millions/

I reckon that once it happens, the floodgates will open for all that "stuff" we've been denied access to, to "fix" or firearms either by way of restorations or improvement.
The next hurdle, if there us one, will be the flood of B709's.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that Numrich will reopen international shipping. There's nothing else I can think of that I want to order out of the US that I can't already order.
Some firearms might be of interest but I priced one a couple months back and you can triple the price by the time it gets here.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 06 Aug 2018, 11:40 pm

No1_49er wrote:
Andrew1au wrote:Still have to get our B709’s approved. Not easy without a dealers license, from what I hear.

I'm not a dealer, but I've never had a problem getting a B709. In fact, even though I have obtained the appropriate paperwork some of the items have come through with it having to be presented.

Have you imported complete firearms?
I'm trying to get two into Australia now.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 07 Aug 2018, 12:33 am

bladeracer wrote:
No1_49er wrote:

I'm not a dealer, but I've never had a problem getting a B709. In fact, even though I have obtained the appropriate paperwork some of the items have come through without it having to be presented.

Have you imported complete firearms?
I'm trying to get two into Australia now.

No, can't help there.
I have never imported firearms, only parts to restore old ones.
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Cryptic » 07 Aug 2018, 12:43 am

bladeracer wrote:
Cryptic wrote:Trouble now is our gov and their making overseas companies pay gst on under 1k items.

If you order from overseas via Ebay.com.au Ebay simply adds the GST to your order.

Good to know their solution is up then. When it all went ahead I tried looking up a place I had bike parts on watchlist and they had changed to no shipping to Aust.
Will go back and see if can now order as nothing I want is sold here it seems.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment