Tripod mounted Shooting?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Tripod mounted Shooting?

Post by Oldbloke » 05 Jan 2022, 8:42 am

Can you get "quick detachable" bipods that swivel? Say, upto 24" high.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 05 Jan 2022, 10:14 am

Oldbloke wrote:Can you get "quick detachable" bipods that swivel? Say, upto 24" high.

Yep. Even fixed ones give some swivel due to the flex in the length of the legs. If you can sit down for the shot they are very stable. But being so long it's not easy adjusting for the shape of the ground. I can reach the left leg with the rifle shouldered, but not the right. It's fine if you can set up first to watch over an area.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 05 Jan 2022, 11:03 am

bladeracer wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Can you get "quick detachable" bipods that swivel? Say, upto 24" high.

Yep. Even fixed ones give some swivel due to the flex in the length of the legs. If you can sit down for the shot they are very stable. But being so long it's not easy adjusting for the shape of the ground. I can reach the left leg with the rifle shouldered, but not the right. It's fine if you can set up first to watch over an area.

Not what i was thinking. Like a ball joint for example.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 05 Jan 2022, 12:50 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Not what i was thinking. Like a ball joint for example.

My swivel bipods don't use ball joints, they only give a few degrees traverse each side, about the same as I get from a long non-swivel bipod. You can adjust the tension so they don't flop around.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bruiser64 » 26 Feb 2022, 10:24 am

I use a Bogpod tripod I bought from Basspro in the U.S. I really rate it. My mate was so impressed he bought one for himself. They are very solid and stable. We have shot quite a few foxes off our Bogpods.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Feb 2022, 10:32 am

Bruiser64 wrote:I use a Bogpod tripod I bought from Basspro in the U.S. I really rate it. My mate was so impressed he bought one for himself. They are very solid and stable. We have shot quite a few foxes off our Bogpods.

Mmm a bit like a camera tripod with a V on top. i have a copy, but a tad heavy and doesn't go quite low enough for sitting on the ground.

I Use sticks all the time. Love them, but they have limitations.

A fox last night managed to prop behind a tree at 15 yards. LOL. Then bolt at 50kph. They seem to have a nack.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment