Portable and moubtable spotlighting system?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Portable and moubtable spotlighting system?

Post by Bigjobss » 19 Nov 2018, 4:40 pm

Hey fellas I need ideas for a scope mountable and portable powered lighting system for spotlighting. What do you guys use/reccomend without spending a fortune (hopefully less than $400).
I've been lucky enough to arrange access to a primary producers property thats backs onto a park and they need help with controlling deer. I am going to bring a mate along for traditional vehicle based spotlighting but want to do some solo missions too.
Cheers
Bigjobss

Re: Portable and moubtable spotlighting system?

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Nov 2018, 4:49 pm

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Bigjobss » 19 Nov 2018, 5:16 pm

bigfellascott wrote:https://www.olightstore.com.au/olight-m3xs-ut-javelot-ultra-throw-1km-range-led-torch/?gclid=CjwKCAiAuMTfBRAcEiwAV4SDkamkYYMoYgd__lpOlKZJlNGx_9LZY8GMvmRtYEoyWMIrpwHdF1v2_RoCswAQAvD_BwE

Ok sold Bigfella and with the mount well under budget, Ive heard them Olights are pretty good and I also reckon being a torch I can claim some tax WINNER!! :drinks:
Bigjobss

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Nov 2018, 6:16 pm

Bigjobss wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:https://www.olightstore.com.au/olight-m3xs-ut-javelot-ultra-throw-1km-range-led-torch/?gclid=CjwKCAiAuMTfBRAcEiwAV4SDkamkYYMoYgd__lpOlKZJlNGx_9LZY8GMvmRtYEoyWMIrpwHdF1v2_RoCswAQAvD_BwE

Ok sold Bigfella and with the mount well under budget, Ive heard them Olights are pretty good and I also reckon being a torch I can claim some tax WINNER!! :drinks:

They go great I reckon, heaps of light and she goes a long long way, further than you will be shooting em put it that way. I'd get the better batteries 3400ah or bigger if available as they give you more run time as a rule but the standard will no doubt do just fine, if you think you will be out there hour after hour after hour just take some spares that way you will be well covered. My mate has one of these and it's been a brilliant torch, we just run it on one of the lower output settings until we see something then light it up if really needed, one of the pressure switches that mounts on the side of your rifle and into the rear of the torch is the go too, just touch the switch whilst looking at what you are intending on shooting makes it a seamless exercise. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Bigjobss » 19 Nov 2018, 7:40 pm

Pressure switch looks perfect, which scope mounts do you use? I am worried the magnetic might not hold up to the recoil of a 300win.
Bigjobss

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Nov 2018, 8:35 pm

Bigjobss wrote:Pressure switch looks perfect, which scope mounts do you use? I am worried the magnetic might not hold up to the recoil of a 300win.

What the hell are ya spotlighting with a 300win? :shock:

Not sure what he uses, I'd imagine it would be one of their offerings.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Bigjobss » 19 Nov 2018, 9:08 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
Bigjobss wrote:Pressure switch looks perfect, which scope mounts do you use? I am worried the magnetic might not hold up to the recoil of a 300win.

What the hell are ya spotlighting with a 300win? :shock:

Not sure what he uses, I'd imagine it would be one of their offerings.

Sambar, Im not buying a new rifle just for pest control :lol: Although a 308 would be preferable if you want to lend me one :lol:
Bigjobss

Post by Stix » 19 Nov 2018, 9:19 pm

I can bring my 7-08 with me BJss... :thumbsup: ...

Ol' buddy Ol' pal... :thumbsup:

I can also bring one of my 22-250's... head/neck shots with that will have them fall over without a doubt...!!!

Ol' buddy Ol' pal...mate'y mate...bestie man...

:lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bigjobss » 19 Nov 2018, 9:25 pm

Thanks Stix thats a really generous offer, arent I a lucky bastard to be surrounded by so many helpfull folk :D
Bigjobss

Post by Stix » 19 Nov 2018, 9:56 pm

Yes mate you are...

And i note you didnt object... :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 20 Nov 2018, 6:54 am

I thought that might be the case, I'm not sure what to suggest really other than buy it and the mounts to mount it with and see how it goes. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Daddybang » 20 Nov 2018, 7:35 am

I'm looking at the "basic hunter" kit $269 and has the batteries ,charger and adjustable mount included.
:thumbsup: :drinks:
Ps plus ya get a free cap :clap: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 20 Nov 2018, 6:32 pm

Daddybang wrote:I'm looking at the "basic hunter" kit $269 and has the batteries ,charger and adjustable mount included.

its what I have and use :drinks: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 20 Nov 2018, 7:12 pm

Thats the one I just ordered, Ozzie reviews did a pretty good video on it.
https://youtu.be/YEbo557iPq0
Bigjobss

Post by Bigjobss » 20 Nov 2018, 7:18 pm

Stix wrote:Yes mate you are...

And i note you didnt object... :lol:

Haha Stix I was trying to be polite and turn you down gently, I am a gentleman hahah :drinks: :thumbsup:

Its funny how many mates have started coming out of the woodwork with offers to help,.
Bigjobss

Post by Bigjobss » 20 Nov 2018, 7:49 pm

Daddybang wrote:I'm looking at the "basic hunter" kit $269 and has the batteries ,charger and adjustable mount included.

30% off sale starts 22nd so dont order yet! $180 delivered woo hoo :drinks:
Bigjobss

Post by Bruiser64 » 21 Nov 2018, 10:39 pm

I have a lightforce SL240 Blitz mounted to a Racken Rest. I am very happy with that combination and have had a lot of recent success on roos, bunnies and the odd fox.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 22 Nov 2018, 12:33 am

Bigjobss wrote:

30% off sale starts 22nd so dont order yet! $180 delivered woo hoo :drinks:

Hahaha id just asked the missus to order when she gets to work tomorrow so that works well!!!!
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment