Quality Assurance - Black Carbon Gong

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Quality Assurance - Black Carbon Gong

Post by Apollo » 07 May 2019, 9:16 pm

brett1868 wrote:Wasn’t shooting for groups on this occasion, actually wound up 3” between shots on the 300m video. On the other video there’s just a lead smudge from 3 shots within an inch of each other. Also there’s 2 different shooters so you’ll get slightly different impact points. Group shooting will be the next couple days at 1000yds in preparation for the Aus titles coming up in Aug. The second shooter is a member here and I’ll leave it up to him if he wants to identify himself. Suffice to say he handled the 50 & 416 without issues and I’ll let him comment on the experience if he so wishes.

Great stuff Brett, was only a stir... ;)

Good to see you having a bit of fun again.

Not quite as long range as you but I'm off to the 500m Fly Nationals next month. Since I haven't competed for years I'd better get some practise in myself so I can hopefully hit something, well, at least the target. It's going to be interesting since it's been so dry here and livestock everywhere getting them all out of the way for a few rounds at a target.

I'll just use my little Pea Rifle (6.5mm) but it still stirs up dust hitting Bisalloy plates.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 07 May 2019, 10:36 pm

Apollo wrote:
brett1868 wrote:Wasn’t shooting for groups on this occasion, actually wound up 3” between shots on the 300m video. On the other video there’s just a lead smudge from 3 shots within an inch of each other. Also there’s 2 different shooters so you’ll get slightly different impact points. Group shooting will be the next couple days at 1000yds in preparation for the Aus titles coming up in Aug. The second shooter is a member here and I’ll leave it up to him if he wants to identify himself. Suffice to say he handled the 50 & 416 without issues and I’ll let him comment on the experience if he so wishes.

Great stuff Brett, was only a stir... ;)

Good to see you having a bit of fun again.

Not quite as long range as you but I'm off to the 500m Fly Nationals next month. Since I haven't competed for years I'd better get some practise in myself so I can hopefully hit something, well, at least the target. It's going to be interesting since it's been so dry here and livestock everywhere getting them all out of the way for a few rounds at a target.

I'll just use my little Pea Rifle (6.5mm) but it still stirs up dust hitting Bisalloy plates.

Where are the Nationals being held? Might wander over and say hi and check out the fun :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Apollo » 07 May 2019, 10:44 pm

SSAA Batemans Bay - June long weekend.

Light Gun Saturday, Heavy Gun Sunday and 200y Rimfire Monday.

Sorry but a 50BMG would be over the range limit of less than 8mm....

http://500-m-fly-shooter.1062065.n5.nab ... 10401.html
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 07 May 2019, 11:26 pm

Apollo wrote:SSAA Batemans Bay - June long weekend.

Light Gun Saturday, Heavy Gun Sunday and 200y Rimfire Monday.

Sorry but a 50BMG would be over the range limit of less than 8mm....

http://500-m-fly-shooter.1062065.n5.nab ... 10401.html

Might head down with the boy and the Hipster 6.5 Creedmoor just for fun. I'll check out the rules and register after checking my calendar as I've got a lot on for the next few months. Even if I make it a day trip to torment you it'd be worth the drive :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment