Ammo carry in the field

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Ammo carry in the field

Post by tom604 » 25 Apr 2019, 10:38 pm

if im on a cull,,50+ a few,not that i use all of them but as im out all day i don't want to run out,, if im going bunnying, a couple of boxes but i rarely go through one but again i don't want to run out :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by GQshayne » 26 Apr 2019, 8:06 pm

My favourite hunting is after pigs, on foot. In the old days, I had an ammo belt, but in later years I found I had no need for a spare 20 rounds. Also, the ammo belt meant that cartridges often rubbed on my rifle stock. I like to carry a spare mag, which is in a pouch on a belt. I also have an Uncle Mikes Cartridge holder that holds 10 rounds, with them folded up inside, so nothing will rub. So that gives me 18 rounds total.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 26 Apr 2019, 9:38 pm

tom604 wrote:i, if im going bunnying, a couple of boxes but i rarely go through one but again i don't want to run out :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with optimism but you DEFINITELY hunt in different places than me lol.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by tom604 » 27 Apr 2019, 12:51 pm

TassieTiger wrote:
tom604 wrote:i, if im going bunnying, a couple of boxes but i rarely go through one but again i don't want to run out :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with optimism but you DEFINITELY hunt in different places than me lol.

will admit it's been about a year since ive got good numbers,, still got 15 the last time i went out but the owner of the property has told me that the calixi/mixi has knocked the heck out of them since then :thumbsdown: haven't shot a fox this year either :thumbsdown: might be able to get on the deer later in the year so things may be looking up :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment