Rifle mounted torches.

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Rifle mounted torches.

Post by Jon79 » 27 Apr 2020, 5:10 pm

perentie wrote:Do the Olights come with a picatinny mount , or is one available?

Picatinny Quick Release Torch to Scope Kit 25mm & 30mm
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 27 Apr 2020, 6:22 pm

perentie wrote:Do the Olights come with a picatinny mount , or is one available?

Mate...have a look at the site...thats why i posted the link.. :thumbsup: .its all there... :)

Ill put the link up again...but i cant click on it for you... :lol:
(well not without your payment details anyway... :lol: )
___

Thought id post this up for those who dont know.

Olight are having a 30% off everything sale from midnight tonight...the email i got says its off the entire store so if youre looking for a rifle mounted light, tomorrow might be the time...

I love my Olight Javelot Pro 2100 lumen 1080m long range Hunting Kit

https://www.olightstore.com.au/hunting/kits/

You need to enter a code "olight30" apparently.
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 28 Apr 2020, 4:11 am

They,re too dumb and lazy to make slam guns.
They want glocks like the gang bangers in the rap videos. Has to your match with your nikes and gauchi right bro.
Flooded arms markets, global auctions, stolen credit cards, stolen ID. Where’s the risk.
Just click and collect.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by perentie » 28 Apr 2020, 6:52 am

Thanks Stix. I joined up
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by perentie » 28 Apr 2020, 9:11 am

The main thing I was after is out of stock. Looking for a rail mounted light for my shotgun. The Pro Valkyrie looked OK but has a built in battery which does not sound good..
Watched a video there but the guy was a yank and talked so fast I could not understand him . He mentioned something about the built in battery but could not catch it.
The rail mount kit hangs down to far so is out. Never mind , keep looking.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Farmerpete » 28 Apr 2020, 9:57 am

I bought a konus (what they stocked) for 260 from my lgs worked great the first time, got about an hour out of it out to 200 and super bright.
not as great the second time less time and only about 150m
and wouldn't turn on the third. Picked up a cheap 40$ job that runs off 4 aa batteries from the competition lgs does a better job than the konus..... It still turns on. Gets me about 100m happily 150 with new batteries
I'm not sure if its just a cheap 18650 battery that came with it or weather its the torch itself. Or the charger Will have to buy another cheap 18650 just to see
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Jon79 » 28 Apr 2020, 11:34 am

perentie wrote:The main thing I was after is out of stock. Looking for a rail mounted light for my shotgun. The Pro Valkyrie looked OK but has a built in battery which does not sound good..
Watched a video there but the guy was a yank and talked so fast I could not understand him . He mentioned something about the built in battery but could not catch it.
The rail mount kit hangs down to far so is out. Never mind , keep looking.

What about the magnetic one? I use that on my shot gun has never looked like coming off (bloody strong magnets) have also whacked it on the barrel of my 308 with no issues after my spotlighting helper fell asleep :roll:
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 28 Apr 2020, 12:42 pm

Spotlighting helpers don’t actually fall asleep but they pretend to be asleep. It’s because somebody else is having all the fun shooting and they are tired of always being the one to open and shut the gates ... and they figure if they are seen to be asleep u might turn the Ute around and head home
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Jon79 » 28 Apr 2020, 5:16 pm

Blr243 wrote:Spotlighting helpers don’t actually fall asleep but they pretend to be asleep. It’s because somebody else is having all the fun shooting and they are tired of always being the one to open and shut the gates ... and they figure if they are seen to be asleep u might turn the Ute around and head home

haha true, but mine usually end up doing most or all of the shooting.... could have possibly been avoiding the gates or trying to get home before McDonalds shut :D
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Ricochet » 29 Apr 2020, 10:52 am

Look on eBay for the shadowhawk or Goreit Cree LED torches.. advertised at 60000 lumens. I'm not sure how accurate that is but I use one on my .22 and it's bright enough to identify a bunny out to around 60 meters or so, powered by a 18650 battery..and will fit into this mount with a rubber shim. I have a couple of these torches that have different branding but are essentially the same, one of the chargers that comes with it, with the 240 v was sh!te, but you can get a good one at Jaycar and some spare batteries too while you are there.
Edit.
I use the clamp picture at the top for the .22 but the other gadget is essentially a scope ring with a pic rail mount, should be good for the shotty.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200429-105211.png
Screenshot_20200429-105211.png (150.78 KiB) Viewed 3712 times
Screenshot_20200429-104856.png
Screenshot_20200429-104856.png (314.57 KiB) Viewed 3712 times
Screenshot_20200429-104531.png
Screenshot_20200429-104531.png (141.49 KiB) Viewed 3712 times
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Skinna » 24 Aug 2020, 1:00 pm

For those interested. Sale is now.

https://www.olightstore.com.au/flash-sale/

No im not affiliated with them at all, just a very happy Olight user so far. Love my Pro 2100 outfit, & thinking about getting one of these new Warrier X's for the second rifle while spotlighting.
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by deye243 » 24 Aug 2020, 10:52 pm

This is my set up quick repeatable no-fuss solid as a rock .

20200824_224946.jpg
20200824_224946.jpg (718.88 KiB) Viewed 3147 times
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Previous

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment