Anybody got one for sale ?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Anybody got one for sale ?

Post by Die Judicii » 02 Jun 2019, 9:36 pm

I'm in the market for a secondhand rifle vice.

Caldwell Lead Sled, or Tipton, or Lyman, or similar product.

Must be in fairly good working condition and not over the top price.

PM me if you've got one for sale. :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Anybody got one for sale ?

Post by Blr243 » 03 Jun 2019, 9:12 pm

Mine is not so much a vice but more of a cradle. I bought a new max clean by pro tactical. It looks like a black and yellow plastic tool box. When u open it up it has a tray and organisation compartments. At each end of the box there are plastic v shaped detachable brackets that can be set up at different heights. For cleaning or bore sighting or scope mounting or whatever it is now so easy to securely and safely work on the Rifle without it being lop sided and falling all over the place. It hurt a bit to buy at roughly 160 I think but after using it its so one of the best the best thing s I ever bought. If u can’t find one second hand it’s because every body loves them so much that they won’t part with it
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Jun 2019, 1:56 pm

Yep BLR 243, I've got an MTM Case Gard, but it is primarily designed for cleaning purposes, is not adjustable, and is hopeless for bore sighting
as it always holds rifles in a downward slant.
The only way I can use it for bore sighting is if I prop the front of it up on blocks, so I'd be better off getting something that is actually designed for what I need.

If I can't pick up a reasonable 2nd hand one, I might just spend some time and make a custom job. (if I can wade my way thru all the other projects) :thumbsup:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Bazooker » 05 Jun 2019, 2:57 pm

This bloke has a Caldwell Zero Max, any good?

https://ssaagunsales.com/listing/19262

B.
It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze........Relax!
Bazooker
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Jun 2019, 5:16 pm

Bazooker wrote:This bloke has a Caldwell Zero Max, any good?

https://ssaagunsales.com/listing/19262

B.

Thanks for the spotting there bloke,, but I'm really wanting something with a positive clamping (vice) set up.
His other stuff looks interesting, but darn it,, I was in Brissie but left this morning.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment