Securing Rifles on the Passenger Side of the Ste.

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Securing Rifles on the Passenger Side of the Ste.

Post by xDom » 18 Aug 2019, 9:42 am

Has anyone come up with an ingenious method to secure two rifles in the passenger side of a vehicle for when spotlighting by myself? Resting against the seat they tend to bounce around.
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Securing Rifles on the Passenger Side of the Ste.

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Aug 2019, 9:48 am

I only ever bother using one at a time. :D Can you put one across the dash and one on the seat like you do?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by xDom » 18 Aug 2019, 9:49 am

bigfellascott wrote:I only ever bother using one at a time. :D Can you put one across the dash and one on the seat like you do?

Never thought of putting it across the dash?
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Aug 2019, 10:24 am

xDom wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:I only ever bother using one at a time. :D Can you put one across the dash and one on the seat like you do?

Never thought of putting it across the dash?

Yeah put some sort of grippy matting down and it should stay there fine, we used to do it in Landcruisers all the time back in the day. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Blr243 » 18 Aug 2019, 3:26 pm

I first throw down a heap of towels, bedding , old jumpers whatever I can find. Then it’s relativly easy to jam something between the two rifles to stop them bumping each other and against car parts. And I like to keep the muzzle pointed into the passenger footwell
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Aug 2019, 4:30 pm

Blr243 wrote:I first throw down a heap of towels, bedding , old jumpers whatever I can find. Then it’s relativly easy to jam something between the two rifles to stop them bumping each other and against car parts. And I like to keep the muzzle pointed into the passenger footwell

I'm the opposite, I like the muzzle pointing up so all I have to do it grab the barrel and stuff it out the window, saves having to turn the rifle around. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Blr243 » 18 Aug 2019, 6:36 pm

I mostly hunt solo and I’m one of those ( always got one up the spout kind of blokes) so it’s pointed to the floor for me. I hate the idea of a bump in the track or a swerve or whatever might swing that barrel in my direction .... I acknowledge that some people are taught different things. And everybody has different safety rules and ideas and that’s ok .....at the end of the day if everyone comes home in one piece that’s what matters
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Aug 2019, 7:07 pm

Blr243 wrote:I mostly hunt solo and I’m one of those ( always got one up the spout kind of blokes) so it’s pointed to the floor for me. I hate the idea of a bump in the track or a swerve or whatever might swing that barrel in my direction .... I acknowledge that some people are taught different things. And everybody has different safety rules and ideas and that’s ok .....at the end of the day if everyone comes home in one piece that’s what matters

Too right mate, each to their own, I don't chamber a round until I find something to shoot, I've always been that way, I know the rifles always safe, if I don't take the shot after chambering a round I just unload it and drop it back in the mag If I'm using one (often just drop a round in the port when I need one, just depends if I'm on my own or with someone as to how I operate. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment