Shooting sticks improved design

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Shooting sticks improved design

Post by Blr243 » 03 Sep 2019, 6:29 pm

Die Judi, when I first set up my sticks on this hunting trip it was on a 300 blk Remington 700;sps tactical. It has a very thick sturdy and short barrel. For a split second I did give it some thought about barrel contact but thought it would be whipping minimal and not affecting acc at the shot ranges I’m doing. Later when I put the sticks on my blr off course it’s a very lightweight rifle designed to be carried. It’s barrel is normal length and slim so therefore going to suffer more from side pressure. It’s hard for me to attach any support on my Forendb because that big annoying sling and attachment is right there. So when I get back to bris I shall have a look at some bipods , and only the type that has legs pointing forward when folded ,,,,,, I don’t want anything interrupting my ability to sling my rifle over my shoulder. It spends a lot of time there on the long walks across the paddocks
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment