1970's "Light" brand scope

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

1970's "Light" brand scope

Post by razor222 » 03 Sep 2019, 9:25 pm

Hello,

I recently bought a 1978 Brno Model 2, which came with an original era scope. Scope is a 'Light' 3-9x33, and shows it is made in Japan underneath. I know nothing about this scope, but wondered if anyone else had heard of them or knew anything about them? I can't get Google to cooperate enough to find anything at all on it.

Thanks in advance!

light resize.jpg
light resize.jpg (112.12 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
Brno Mod 2
BSA Meteor
razor222
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: 1970's "Light" brand scope

Post by Member-Deleted » 04 Sep 2019, 4:59 am

I have one from the 70s I got from my dad - a fixed 4x that has taken 40+ years of bumps and scrapes and still puts it where it needs to be. Google "Light Optical Works". They're still making rifle scopes in Japan for other scope companies to sell under their own names.
Member-Deleted

Re: 1970's "Light" brand scope

Post by razor222 » 04 Sep 2019, 8:38 am

Member-Deleted wrote:I have one from the 70s I got from my dad - a fixed 4x that has taken 40+ years of bumps and scrapes and still puts it where it needs to be. Google "Light Optical Works". They're still making rifle scopes in Japan for other scope companies to sell under their own names.

Thanks, Member-Deleted! This was very helpful. The glass in it looks mint and looking forward to seeing how it performs at various distances.
Brno Mod 2
BSA Meteor
razor222
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment