Trail cam with great features ?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Trail cam with great features ?

Post by Blr243 » 15 Sep 2019, 9:31 am

Does anyone know of a trail cam that will either by wifi or cellular network , regularly, or as activity is recorded , send pics to my phone . I already have a couple with sd cards but if I have to visit the cam , remove cards and then take it back to computer at base camp to view info that’s too much effort for me so my existing trail cams still sit in their original packaging .....( soon to be changing my username from blr to lazy slob hunter )
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Trail cam with great features ?

Post by meawls » 15 Sep 2019, 3:12 pm

Have a look at Swift Enduro on Outdoorcameras.com.au (Toowoomba QLD). They make a 4G model which we’ve had deployed on a property 350 km away. Dual antennas, although they seem to be pretty sharp at securing a signal even in a modest strength area. They will also retro connect to 3G if that’s all you have in your Area. We have good Optus 4G at our property, and the camera’s features can only be fully realised with 4G. Takes 12 AA’s, and we’ve gone with Eneloop blacks which are more expensive but have shown terrific results in the other 3 non 3/4G Enduros we have on our other property. We bought the cam as a package with a solar battery unit ... which has been a real boon. The units are hard wired together, coming with a decent lead, and the solar unit’s internal lithium battery strength has never fallen below 100%. It doesn’t use the cameras batteries until the solar unit’s internal battery is low. The cam can be programmed in a number of ways, but we have it set to transmit bursts of 3 photos to our email. If you are using Telstra network you can opt to have the images come direct to smartphone. Quality is great, but night time images, as is the case with all of them, still has a way to go. You can also have a daily report sent to you outlining basic parameters. The company also sells a great 12 AA/AAA charger like nothing we’ve seen before. Well worth the outlay. You could also check Proschoice.com.au ... their Bravo 4G looks suspiciously similar ... as does their solar panel/battery. We have zero affiliations with either, BTW.
meawls
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 15 Sep 2019, 4:53 pm

Thanks me , I saw a similar post of yours on another site. And I can travel thru Toowoomba to get to my next hunt later this month ,,, it’s nice to be buying local too. And to get recommendations from another hunter who is likely to understand my requirements
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Sep 2019, 4:53 pm

Check your signal strength in the area your thinking of deploying before buying - I tried a couple 4g cams and if you don’t have a really solid signal, the batteries will be depleted by the modem constantly searching - same way your phone battery runs out fast in low signal areas...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Blr243 » 15 Sep 2019, 6:01 pm

Good point tassie , I should pay for a solar power system for the unit because Telstra service is random on the property,,,in the main paddock I hunt if I’m laying down on the ground snoozing in between pigs ( that sound s bad) I get no service but if I’m standing up with my iPad or phone on the bonnet of my Ute signal is tons better
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment