Yet another step forward in design

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Yet another step forward in design

Post by Die Judicii » 14 Oct 2019, 4:51 pm

For those that have seen my electrically driven rotating shooting platform,,

No matter what you build, there is always room for addition/s and or improvement.
I am at present midway through the process's of changing the height adjustment of the table itself to be electrically driven.
Once finished, it too will be raised or lowered at the mere flick of a switch.

This in turn will allow me to have the entire table top covered with a single one piece padded top for the entire width,,,,
rather than two separate ones that have to be moved apart every time I make a height adjustment.
The other glitch that I've encountered several times is that when moving the padded tops around in the dark,, sometimes
the one that your not actually resting on can be tipped down over the edge and down to the ground. :thumbsdown:

Hopefully everything will work as planned and life will be that much easier again. (pics when finished) :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Yet another step forward in design

Post by Die Judicii » 16 Oct 2019, 9:38 pm

:thumbsdown:
Stuff up #1

I took the rotating handle off in readiness for mounting the first part of the electric drive unit,,,,,,,,,,

Then had other things to do,, including a trip to town for some other needed items.
Seeing as the table was set at its lowest point I had nothing to worry about.

WRONG.

When I got back, the threaded rod that raises and lowers things had disappeared.
Further investigation showed it had vibrated downwards, and unscrewed itself through the fixed block internally,
and was now sitting in the bottom of the column, and seemingly impossible to retrieve.

Four hours later, after cutting the top section off and pulling the first section of tube out, I managed to get a telescopic magnet pick up
onto the top of the threaded rod and lifted it up just far enough to grab it with the extended long nose pliers.
Reassemble it and weld the top section back on, another 1/2 hour.

If I had put the roll pin back in after taking the handle off,,,,,,,, it would never have unscrewed itself. :oops: :oops:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 17 Oct 2019, 1:27 pm

I hate set backs. Hopefully you will have it sorted prior to the nice dark hunting week we have looming in a few days I have some mods I have to do on my quad bike , storage wise and rifle rest wise , that sort of thing
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 17 Oct 2019, 11:57 pm

Blr243 wrote:I hate set backs. Hopefully you will have it sorted prior to the nice dark hunting week we have looming in a few days I have some mods I have to do on my quad bike , storage wise and rifle rest wise , that sort of thing

Funny you should mention that, I've got the same thing happening my end.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment