Mounted torch

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Mounted torch

Post by Member-Deleted » 26 Nov 2019, 9:42 pm

Here ya go stix :thumbsup: mine is 1200 lumens paid $329
Attachments
Pic_1126_127.jpg
Pic_1126_127.jpg (73.3 KiB) Viewed 11466 times
Pic_1126_126.jpg
Pic_1126_126.jpg (76.89 KiB) Viewed 11466 times
Member-Deleted

Post by Stix » 26 Nov 2019, 9:48 pm

Yea agreed GQshayne...thats the first thing i thought of--having to hang up the light to charge it or buy another expensive battery...

But the price is the thing...the sale price coming up in a dsy or 2, can get the "pro" version with another batt for less than the other one--(thats by the time i get the coloured filters, batteries & charger etc...). :unknown:

Maybe they're not moving too many of the pro models for these reasons hence why the sale prices... :unknown:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 26 Nov 2019, 10:16 pm

I got 8 spare magnet pads about 30mmx20mmx3mm and 2x18650 batts all come with the kit all included in the $329 the magnetic pads can also be used to hold the pressure switch to the barrel if so required :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by Stix » 27 Nov 2019, 8:47 pm

stoopid questiin time...
What are these magnet pads...?
I cant see them.on the web site...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 27 Nov 2019, 11:01 pm

Yeah stix they're for putting the pressure switch to the barrel or anywhere else metal also they tell me you can cut them with a Stanley knife to reduce the size you need one side has a wax paper cover the other is clear plastic obviously for no magnetic pull on objects until needed they came in the box with the torch but not sure if they are a normal part of the kit
Attachments
Pic_1127_131.jpg
Pic_1127_131.jpg (63.05 KiB) Viewed 11445 times
Pic_1127_130.jpg
Pic_1127_130.jpg (59.86 KiB) Viewed 11445 times
Pic_1127_129.jpg
Pic_1127_129.jpg (67.67 KiB) Viewed 11445 times
Pic_1127_128.jpg
Pic_1127_128.jpg (69.81 KiB) Viewed 11445 times
Member-Deleted

Post by Stix » 28 Nov 2019, 1:00 pm

Ah ok... ;) ...i got it now thanks for that.. :)
Appreciate the time taking the pics... :drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by scoot » 29 Nov 2019, 10:11 am

just ordered the pro version, olight has a kit on sale now 40% off. cased, mount, filters, remote switch, charger, etc........ only $209 delivered. Magnetic mount is extra but also on sale, around $20
.At that price get on board. :thumbsup: sale runs all weekend.
ozzie has a review out, according to him its an updated version of the m3xs.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Stix » 29 Nov 2019, 4:03 pm

scoot wrote:just ordered the pro version, olight has a kit on sale now 40% off. cased, mount, filters, remote switch, charger, etc........ only $209 delivered. Magnetic mount is extra but also on sale, around $20
.At that price get on board. :thumbsup: sale runs all weekend.
ozzie has a review out, according to him its an updated version of the m3xs.

Yep...i did the same Scoot... :thumbsup:
Let us know when yours arrives... :)
I better get mine before yours...!!!... :lol:

Id love to have bought 2 of them because i always seem to work with 2 or 3 rifles, but i just cant afford it...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by scoot » 29 Nov 2019, 4:26 pm

Funny you should say that, when i was making payment it said something went wrong so I tried again through PayPal and it worked. Checked on my internet banking later and it looks like I've ordered 2 :shock: .
Contemplated keeping both but the boss might not see the same merit :twisted: .
Called a number on their website and the guys sorted it straight away, now the race is on "who's will arrive first".
Maybe when they show up we can have an extreme long range sword fight (star wars light sabre style) :drinks:
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Shootermick » 29 Nov 2019, 8:10 pm

Yeah stix they're for putting the pressure switch to the barrel or anywhere else metal also they tell me you can cut them with a Stanley knife to reduce the size you need one side has a wax paper cover the other is clear plastic obviously for no magnetic pull on objects until needed they came in the box with the torch but not sure if they are a normal part of the kit

So that’s what they are. I got them with my Nitecore and didn’t even realise they were magnetic, there are 3 pairs of differing thicknesses. I actually pealed the sticky side and stuck them inside the mount and use that to grip onto and not scratch the scope. Guess I stuffed that up.

EDIT
Just had another look at these pads, they came with the Olight branded magnetic mount, and it said on the box that they were silicon pads for use with different sized torches. So not magnetic, not mine anyway. I guess I have put them to good use after all.
Last edited by Shootermick on 01 Dec 2019, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Ferrisweil » 30 Nov 2019, 8:34 am

+1 Olight
Ferrisweil
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by JSS » 30 Nov 2019, 10:14 am

I've got the M3XS-UT kit, just bought a Pro kit too, will let you know the difference between the two Stix. Pro hunt kit, spare battery and another magnet mount for $258......how could you not buy it lol.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 30 Nov 2019, 3:49 pm

Tried the pressure switch out last night for the first time Geez you have to watch what you are doing there if you release just a smidge it will switch off I picked up the bait and went to align the reticle but must have let some pressure off and I couldn't see a thing lucky there wasn't a dog standing there i'll have to get used to it but it worked a treat when I finally settled with it the bait was a dead steer at 145yds and with torch and light I could see the carcass perfectly
Member-Deleted

Post by Stix » 30 Nov 2019, 5:52 pm

scoot wrote:Funny you should say that, when i was making payment it said something went wrong so I tried again through PayPal and it worked. Checked on my internet banking later and it looks like I've ordered 2 :shock: .
Contemplated keeping both but the boss might not see the same merit :twisted: .
Called a number on their website and the guys sorted it straight away, now the race is on "who's will arrive first".
Maybe when they show up we can have an extreme long range sword fight (star wars light sabre style) :drinks:

And funny you should say that...!!...lol...

Was out last night & the "bearau of cant get the forcast right unless nothing is changing's forcast of 12mph winds, bit of rain & no fog, turned into a pea soup-er, with clear skys no rain & barely even any air movement...you should've seen how spectacular the 170 with green filter looked--like a giant bloody light saber i tell ya...!!..i felt like a little master jedi yoda.lol....well...until i completely missed a fox at between 220-250 yds... :roll:
:lol:

If you get yours first you gotta let me come shoot a goat... :lol: ... (just kidding... :) ...any left up there anyway...?...seems everyone is getting greedy while drought is in full swing & mustering all they can get--not even leaving breeders... :huh: ...)
:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 30 Nov 2019, 7:40 pm

Tried the pressure switch out last night for the first time Geez you have to watch what you are doing there if you release just a smidge it will switch off I picked up the bait and went to align the reticle but must have let some pressure off and I couldn't see a thing lucky there wasn't a dog standing there i'll have to get used to it but it worked a treat when I finally settled with it the bait was a dead steer at 145yds and with torch and light I could see the carcass perfectly

Ive only tried the pressure switch on my crapola torch once & didnt like it...
It'd be better if they turn on n off with each touch i rekon...
I just use the normal on off switch as i like my left hand to do one of many tasks it has--my left hand is my Rouseabout-- :lol: ...
Some of its many tasks are to hold the stock in my sholder/squeeze rear bag...
Catch the brass on racking the bolt...
Steering...
Turning car headlights on n off...
Scope Parallex...
Flicking wipers on accidentally when im frantically pulling up on a fox...
Scope zoon...
Flicking the wipers to remove excess dust build-up on windscreen...
Adjusting specs height on my nose...
Scratching my nuts while im busy shooting...
Accidentally flicking the indicators on while im trying to turn wheel switch lights out for rapid & correct position on a fox that just popped up out of nowhere...
And ofcourse...the obligatory being in the wrong place when using a sharp knife when ever my body feels the need for a little self mutilation via lack of concentratiin while skinning out a carcass.. :unknown:

Last edited by Stix on 01 Dec 2019, 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 30 Nov 2019, 8:43 pm

Yeah well that comes with hunting and shooting :lol: I don't fair much better myself but hey someones gotta do it :thumbsup: by Christ that pressure switch is gonna take a bit of getting used to but good for lining the rifle with a infra red monocular just line rifle put infra red down press the switch and bingo on target then completely black lack of pressure on switch :x
Member-Deleted

Post by scoot » 03 Dec 2019, 12:57 pm

Winner, winner, :clap:
Got the olight pro in the mail today. First impressions, looks a very nice bit of kit. Even the case is a good solid pelican style jobbie. Charging up now and will hopefully get a chance to check out its performance tonight.

Sorry stix :violin:
I did stump the extra $7 for express postage (that's not cheating is it ;) ) was still very quick.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by scoot » 03 Dec 2019, 12:59 pm

P S stix, if you can find a goat up here its yours to do as you see fit :thumbsup:
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Stix » 03 Dec 2019, 1:08 pm

It is cheating of you dont reveat it until you've won--if its not cheating its atleast playing an unfair advantage... :lol:

Good luck to you...!!

Let us know how it goes tonight--you can be my "new torch foreplay"... :lol:

Id love to hear your thoughts scoot... particularly on defining a fox at 300 yds...:thumbsup:

And i love to get out there to look for a goat...but i got no idea where "there" is--obviously--... :lol:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 03 Dec 2019, 1:53 pm

Just read my post back to myself (i should do that more often berfore i hit send...lol)

Not knowing where you are wasnt a hint scoot...im just being silly... :)

I do vaguely remember reading you saying how far north of city you are, but still, if i went looking id not find you...!!.. :?
Unless ofcourse that is you in your avatar.. :shock: . :lol:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by GQshayne » 03 Dec 2019, 7:37 pm

Goats are worth good money nowadays. Not so much a target any more.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by scoot » 04 Dec 2019, 9:34 am

The torch charges heap better if you take the end cap off and remove the plastic insulator. Otherwise the charger lights up green as in full charge (obviously not).
I didn't make this mistake at all, just sayin..... :roll:
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by JSS » 04 Dec 2019, 3:57 pm

Mine arrived about an hour ago, it's on the charger now (with that sneaky bit of plastic removed). I'll fire it and the M3XS up tonight and compare the two.

It has to be said....Good on Olight for having a proper fair dinkum sale. Not like the BS sales that most other shops had.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 04 Dec 2019, 5:27 pm

scoot wrote:The torch charges heap better if you take the end cap off and remove the plastic insulator. Otherwise the charger lights up green as in full charge (obviously not).
I didn't make this mistake at all, just sayin..... :roll:

:lol: :lol: ...
Not laughing AT you...its something i probably would have done if not for your warning... :)

JSS, did you get express post too...??

I regret not getting that now...i didnt even look at that option...id definately have payed $7 & had it here now...
Im so jealous of you guys having a new toy...!!!

Let us know how it goes JSS...& do you think you'll make out a fox at 300 yds...?

Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by JSS » 04 Dec 2019, 6:25 pm

Yep i went for the express post, i'm heading off for Xmas hols next week so didn't want to chance it not arriving in time. The m3xs will spot a fox at 300, it was picking up baby skippys and wombats at that range so i'm pretty sure the pro will do it easy. Just shining them both on the wall in the loungeroom i can see the pro's a lot brighter.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by JSS » 05 Dec 2019, 6:30 am

Righto so i gave them a bit of a side by side test last night to about 100m then all the street lights kinda made things hard, I think the pro is about 20-30% brighter than the m3xs. i'm in the burbs so didn't have a pitch black paddock to go and test them in. I was going to run down the road to the school and give them a whirl but they had their Xmas concert thing on..... i didn't want to be that crazy guy spot lighting folks as they came & went from the school, i think the only lights i saw then would be those flashing blue ones :lol:

I do like the fact that the m3xs will take batteries that you can basically get anywhere, apart from that i think the rest of the changes on the pro are for the better, the magnetic charger & accessory setup is a definite winner.
At the end of the day you'd be happy with either, like i said before my m3xs was brighter than all the full sized spotlights we used on the hunting trip i bought it for.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 11 Dec 2019, 10:34 am

Finally...mine arrived this morning...
Aus Post is a fukn joke...!!

Its on the charger, with little plastic circuit stopper'er removed...

Niw all i want to do is strap it on & go nail something...!!
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 11 Dec 2019, 6:59 pm

Well...

WOW...!!

Got home & it had charged a battery while out for the day...
So i turned it on in the dark lounge room with a near enuf to white walls...& lets just say that i was Manfred Mans hit version of Bruce Springsteins cracking number...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpq35wyDi7I

Very impressive indeed...

I think we as urban dwelling feral busters should be allowed a single shot amnesty when we get a new toy...
I can think of a couple of cats a few hunded yards down the road that i should be able to tickle from here with the 204 if that fantasy was real--its not very windy here tonight... 8-)

I havnt even used this one yet & i already want another one...!!!

Gees i cant wait to get out there...!!
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 16 Jan 2020, 12:57 pm

Well...
My first knock down with the new Okight back on the one'th of Jan...
2020-01-16 13.14.31.jpg
2020-01-16 13.14.31.jpg (502.71 KiB) Viewed 11224 times

To tell the truth that was actually the second hit...the first one was another pup at about 90 yds that i couldnt believe ran off... :shock:
I thought maybe somehow the scope had a knock or something, but i found it laying dead on the trsck only 40 yds from where i smacked it--the bullet went right through its heart with a clean entry & exit--never seen that before with a 32 gr out of a 204.

First nights tally with the new Olight.
2020-01-16 13.13.43.jpg
2020-01-16 13.13.43.jpg (412.85 KiB) Viewed 11224 times

Here is this last weekends efforts...
Was pretty happy with results, although i dont entirely like the colour of the green filter...
But still, its better than not having it...afterall its well bright enough to give me a comfortable brain shot on the fallow at 160 odd yds... :clap:
2020-01-16 13.11.27.jpg
2020-01-16 13.11.27.jpg (414.19 KiB) Viewed 11224 times

I think the first battery is on its way to being flat...
Not too bad for 4 or 5 nights use... :clap:

But i have some advice for shooting fallow under light--dont muck around with dry firing when they appear relaxed...they get all titchy & run away when they hear the click... :roll:

Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 16 Jan 2020, 1:16 pm

great effort Stix :thumbsup:

your right about dry firing or any noise really but even putting the light on them sometimes
deer will do one of two things, flight or stand still
if you want it just sight, aim and squeeze :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment