Fyrlyt Hellfyr Spotlight

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Fyrlyt Hellfyr Spotlight

Post by Am88 » 31 Oct 2019, 2:48 pm

Currently looking for a new remote mount and wondering if anyone has one of these, seen one or knows someone, I was mainly wanting to upgrade to a Nighteater however cannot for the life of me seem to find anyone that has one nor get onto a waiting list for one. it's 24v however but bugger me does it seem to be a beauty. Cheers
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Fyrlyt Hellfyr Spotlight

Post by scoot » 31 Oct 2019, 3:32 pm

Not sure about the hunting spotlight but I've had experience with their driving lights. (Probably same same). They were at the time hands down the best spotlight for actual real life use I had seen. Very bright good spread and penetration and I found a very user friendly light "colour".....BUT, they were very hard on globes which aren't your standard auto shop style, sure you can keep some spares but I found it painfully frequent to change...I tried all sorts of wiring sizes and circuits trying to fix it but no change....ALSO due to the huge wattage the globes were (250w from memory) there is a lot of heat energy. This causes the lenses to get hot, even under highway driving, and shatter. I had 2 sets replaced by the manafacturer for free. apparently they were working on a different lens material to rectify the problem but i since changed jobs and havent dealt with them again.
In conclusion they work awesome when they are working but were unfortunately too "fragile". I'd be keen to hear from anyone if their reliability has improved.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Re: Fyrlyt Hellfyr Spotlight

Post by Am88 » 31 Oct 2019, 4:26 pm

Ah I see, worries about globes myself, yes they are 250 watt and this light uses a pyrex lens it sais so unsure how much heat it will take.
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment