ive learned my lesson..safe puchase

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: ive learned my lesson..safe puchase

Post by kneelo » 15 Nov 2019, 9:23 pm

Recently built my first safe from 6mm plate. With the full 6 pin reinforced door it ended up at least 200kg. Wasn't cheap or fast but was really satisfying to design and build.
kneelo
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Nov 2019, 6:19 am

"these lockers are still ok under the regs, just everyone who has one is being told they have a time limit to make the change, the reason they do not send info or even put it up on there web site is because it is not right and nobody has challenged it
the new licence holders are told at the firearm safety tests that they cannot use the old lockers, they are being phased out."

My whole point. No legislation change, nor regulations. Police dont vote the law in. Grrrrrrr
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 16 Nov 2019, 6:26 am

Die, s**t that's bad mate.

But why buy a car sight unseen. The transaction unless it happened on eBay is a private transaction and that's why it's not covered by PayPal. If you buy through eBay or a merchant account you have more rights
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 16 Nov 2019, 12:39 pm

Ziad wrote:Die, s**t that's bad mate.

But why buy a car sight unseen. The transaction unless it happened on eBay is a private transaction and that's why it's not covered by PayPal. If you buy through eBay or a merchant account you have more rights

Well Mate,,,,, it was definitely a 100% ebay transaction.

Sight unseen apart from photos, but went ahead purely on the basis of PAYPAL protection policies,,,,,,,,,,,,, but they don't do what they promise.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by SCJ429 » 16 Nov 2019, 1:02 pm

I feel for you Die Judi but..... A rust free Mini is as rare as rocking horse poo. Unless it was a bare metal restoration and was priced accordingly you must have been expecting a bit of work. I appreciate that the seller was less than forthcoming with you.

I have never been caught out like this but then again I have never bought a car without looking over it first. I have owned several XB and XA Ford Falcons which came from the factory with complementary rusty bits but I knew what I was in for.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 16 Nov 2019, 1:08 pm

Yeah SJC429,,,,
I hear ya.
We weren't expecting perfection by any means, but the extent of the blatant misrepresentation and outright lies made my blood boil.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Nov 2019, 6:18 am

After being bitten a couple of times I no longer buy anything of the net for more than about $100.
But I do buy a lot of the cheapy stuff. And save a lot in the process.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Nov 2019, 6:24 pm

Poor man pays twice...
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand