Brownwell's Australia; not happy Jan

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Brownwell's Australia; not happy Jan

Post by gordicans » 12 Nov 2019, 1:44 am

I ordered 3 bits of reloading kit from the Brownwell's Australian website which were listed as available in "21 days". I ordered them on 30th of September which was around 43 days ago and they still haven't arrived and there's no indication that they'll be arriving anytime soon.

I've received a couple of emails from them, one last week, saying "We are currently experiencing delays caused by Australian Border Force inspecting inwards freight." and that's it, the only explanation. Something doesn't look right here. I smell a concocted excuse rather than a real reason for the delay.

Anyone else had this sort of experience with this mob?
gordicans
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Brownwell's Australia; not happy Jan

Post by deye243 » 12 Nov 2019, 2:42 am

I believe it ...... I have paid upwards of $140 for priority shipping before and the tracking shows in oz in 4 days and then it sits in customs (the filth) for 3 to 4 weeks ......
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 12 Nov 2019, 2:59 am

Mate I just recently ordered a set of dies from them, ex Iowa warehouse. Took 20 days to receive, and a fair chunk of that was sitting in Customs waiting for it to be released.
43 days does seem extreme though.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by perentie » 12 Nov 2019, 5:49 am

Same here. I have bought a fair bit from them. Its our only option now that Brownells USA cant send stuff to us any more. We have to be thankful that they give us that option . I have tried Midway but they dont have the stuff that Midway USA have.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by scoot » 12 Nov 2019, 6:19 am

Anything I've ordered from them which has to come out the states always seems to take forever. It will show up but you'll have to hurry up and wait
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Harrynsw » 12 Nov 2019, 6:21 am

Ordered some brushes and jags November 2018.
Wasn't really fussed how long it took because they were just spares. Kept getting bulls**t emails saying they were at customs.
Placed a call late January 2019, they came out a week later.
Very poor. They must have a "deliver to who ever screams first" policy.
Last edited by Harrynsw on 12 Nov 2019, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by JSS » 12 Nov 2019, 6:37 am

Pretty sure Brownells US do send to Australia again now & have been for a while. i think because the Aussie one is such a dismal failure.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TheDude » 12 Nov 2019, 7:34 am

Yep, can buy direct again. The local one is ridiculously slow and never responds to emails.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bill » 12 Nov 2019, 9:18 am

yeap I have order trigger spring kits from Brownells USA and receiver in 10-15 days, that was in the last 2 months.

Customs and clearance does tend to slow down this time of years as Xmas good and shipping volume increases
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 12 Nov 2019, 12:30 pm

Harrynsw wrote:Ordered some brushes and jags November 2018.
Wasn't really fussed how long it took because they were just spares. Kept getting bulls**t emails saying they were at customs.
Placed a call late January 2019, they came out a week later.
Very poor. They must have a "deliver to who ever screams first" policy.

was just some guy in Canberra i think but it never realy worked well

Brownells will deliver to Australia
I have had stuff from them faster than stuff from Mel.
But as for ordering brushes and stuff its cheaper to order from the us but dont get from Brownell , I bought from Otis Technollogy the shipping is the killer tho so i just bought enough to bring the price down PER unit ( the shipping is the same for 1 as for 200) Buy the 10 packs

https://otistec.com/search.php?search_q ... nze+brush+
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by gordicans » 13 Nov 2019, 9:52 pm

got another email from them tonight, about the fourth one I've received from them relating to this order and all their emails say the same thing. It says:

"We are currently experiencing delays caused by Australian Border Force inspecting inwards freight. We are working as best we can to resolve the issue and monitoring the situation hour by hour"

Is there something going on at Border Force or is this just an excuse? Does Border Force have some sort of manpower problem? And what does ''monitoring the situation hour by hour" actually mean? Sounds like crap. If they were actually monitoring it ''hour by hour'' you'd expect them to give you some actual feedback rather than feeding you bullsh*t.

If I can possibly avoid it I won't be ordering from these guys anytime soon.
gordicans
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Harrynsw » 14 Nov 2019, 6:26 am

[/quote]
was just some guy in Canberra i think but it never realy worked well

Brownells will deliver to Australia
I have had stuff from them faster than stuff from Mel.
But as for ordering brushes and stuff its cheaper to order from the us but dont get from Brownell , I bought from Otis Technollogy the shipping is the killer tho so i just bought enough to bring the price down PER unit ( the shipping is the same for 1 as for 200) Buy the 10 packs

https://otistec.com/search.php?search_q ... nze+brush+[/quote]
:drinks: thanks
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 14 Nov 2019, 7:02 am

I bought some pic rails for mounting a bipod from China, only the best for me, and they were delivered in 11 days. No hold up by Australian Border Force there. Worth every cent of the $3 I paid for them.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by YoungSC » 14 Nov 2019, 11:56 am

29 Oct - Placed a small order
7 Nov - Notified that goods were being sent from Iowa to Australia
12 Nov - Notified that goods had arrived in Australian warehouse. Further notification will be provided when dispatched from there.

I'm assuming that combined orders from Australia get sent from the US as a batch. Maybe some of these are looked at by customs, while others get through?
YoungSC
Private
Private

-

Post by doc » 14 Nov 2019, 2:32 pm

I placed an order for them in Dec 2016 (you read that year correct) - order still outstanding. Chased them up. Managed to get responses some times, not others. Have given up on using them.

Great products - but just too much of a pain to deal with regarding communications. Pitty - they have some good stuff that's hard to find elsewhere.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by deye243 » 14 Nov 2019, 2:47 pm

SCJ429 wrote:I bought some pic rails for mounting a bipod from China, only the best for me, and they were delivered in 11 days. No hold up by Australian Border Force there. Worth every cent of the $3 I paid for them.

Of course they were quick they were from China
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 14 Nov 2019, 7:18 pm

So Australian Border Force only hold up gun parts from the US? Or deliveries sent straight to the customer does not seem to be held up and the ABF is a good excuse for slow service from some shops.

The Q Store ordered some dies from Redding for me and that did not get held up at all.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Tank » 15 Nov 2019, 8:42 pm

Always found them ultra swift on ‘stocked items’. Last 2 items ordered where with Australia Post inside an hour of the order being placed.....
Sorry to hear you’ve had such strife!
Keep calm......and hold centre of mass.
Tank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment