BOBLOV Trail Camera Review

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: BOBLOV Trail Camera Review

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Feb 2020, 5:52 pm

I believe the Aldi camera looks the same.
No night time pics yet. Just a couple of me in the back yard, I deleted them. Lol
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by DaveZ » 24 Apr 2021, 11:10 am

I bought two of these after reading Oldblokes review. I've only set up one of them so far with a bit of bait and so far I'm very happy with the results. It looks to be at least as good as the $300 Browning Dark Ops I bought a couple years ago.

CZ455 22lr Varmint
Ruger American 243
Located Bundaberg area, looking for property to hunt on.
DaveZ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Apr 2021, 2:28 pm

Live long and prosperous. :)

Spock-vulcan-salute.jpg
Spock-vulcan-salute.jpg (87.85 KiB) Viewed 5810 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by DaveZ » 13 Aug 2021, 4:06 pm

So after using one of these cameras for barely 6 months, the IR lights stopped working. The unit will still trigger for animals at night but you just get a black image. After contacting the place of purchase for information on warranty repairs, I got the obligatory "send more details and we will make for very happy solution, don't worry". After a few back and forth emails, all went quiet. When I pushed them I got told to send it back to the supplier for warranty. When I asked for postage and contact details to return the unit, I got this gem - "Hi,this item supplier is from china,so it need send back to china repair.best regards"

I'm not done with them yet but the chances of actually getting anything fixed on these units looks slim at best. The second unit I bought has software issues straight out of the box, so overall my experience is not positive at this point. My next trail cam will be a better branded product, regardless of place of manufacture, but the more experiences I have like this, the more I want to keep as far away from chinese products as possible.
CZ455 22lr Varmint
Ruger American 243
DaveZ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Aug 2021, 6:59 am

That's a shame Davez. I haven't had mine out continuously but so far both are still going OK.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bah! » 20 Aug 2021, 9:52 am

DaveZ wrote: "Hi,this item supplier is from china,so it need send back to china repair.best regards"
\

if you bought it from china, then you need to return it to china, but if you bought it from an aussie seller, then that is their problem, not yours. Also not a real reason to avoid chinese products, I doubt anyone makes a trail cam anywhere else, whatever the brand.
bah!
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by DaveZ » 22 Aug 2021, 5:52 am

bah! wrote:
DaveZ wrote: "Hi,this item supplier is from china,so it need send back to china repair.best regards"
\

if you bought it from china, then you need to return it to china, but if you bought it from an Aussie seller, then that is their problem, not yours. Also not a real reason to avoid chinese products, I doubt anyone makes a trail cam anywhere else, whatever the brand.

A bit hard to return it to China when the seller won't even provide an address to return it to. All I got was "send back to China".

I bought the item through Ebay. The item ad said it was located in Sydney, so assumed Aussie seller, but after I had issues I looked at the seller info says "based in China". So my mistake I guess. And yes I know a lot of stuff is difficult/impossible to source from non Chinese manufacturers, but a lot of products still have alternative options. The more times I'm disappointed by or burned by crappy Chinese manufacturing, the more I go looking for better options, preferably Aussie made, so it actually is a real reason to avoid Chinese made, one reason in a long list. I'm by no means boycotting products because they are made in China, but I am noticing a shift over time in what goes in to my purchasing choices.
CZ455 22lr Varmint
Ruger American 243
DaveZ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment