Beach Sand

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Beach Sand

Post by deye243 » 01 Feb 2020, 1:01 pm

I use the plastic for field bags you can get it off eBay they also use it for stuffed toys ......

Screenshot_20200201-140338_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200201-140338_Gallery.jpg (776.21 KiB) Viewed 4783 times
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 01 Feb 2020, 7:08 pm

:twisted: :D ;) :..stuffed toys". I won't tell anyone mate.............honest
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 01 Feb 2020, 7:37 pm

I was not very well yesterday. Had an intermittent headache and even felt weak and a bit shaky. So the new bag that I was busting to try out did not get completely filled, plus this that and the other thing but today was heaps better and I did a "dummy-run", with the bag, after filling it properly, in the garage. Using a collapsible table and the usual front rest, I sighted out the back door on someone's roof antenna. The result surprised me. The horizontal "flick" of the reticle, that I have been experiencing for yonks, was gone. Carefully I moved the crosshair/dot to the very edge of the galvanised pole and watched. Carefully, I put my thumb on top of the pistol grip and my finger on the trigger. My hand merely rested on the grip. If the dot was flicking, I could not see it. It was not flicking away from and back to, the edge of the pole, as it would have done previously.

In the past, my rear bag has been a Jumbo Bigfoot, which was used for F Class. For various reasons, I decided to replace it with the Protektor. None of those reasons had any thing to do with the horizontal flick, which has plagued me for so long.
The other change that was made today, was to clamp the fore end in the front rest rather firmly BUT a few days ago, I clamped the fore end in a Bench Vice, with the butt supported by the Jumbo. To cut a long story short, the reticle still flicked.

I can scarcely believe my luck but the real proof of this "pudding" ;) will be in the shooting. Now, I really can't wait :lol:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Jeff » 16 Feb 2020, 2:12 pm

Using sand,How much do you fill the bag and ears
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 16 Feb 2020, 2:24 pm

Fill the bag as much as possible, tap it down and keep on filling. The ears need a little give, firm but not solid.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Jeff » 16 Feb 2020, 5:31 pm

Thanks
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment